The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6220
Original post by G8D
I said G3. You only need one of G1/G2 if you plan to use the subway.

Oh right, that's a great help. Thank you!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 6221
Original post by TheFOMaster
It means you can't do the two subjects together, media informatics sounds like it'd cover a good deal of compsci so they exclude the course. Otherwise it could just be that the timetable doesn't work out for the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:)
Am I the only one who's terribly anxious about enrollment? It was super stressful for me last year, and now we have to do it all over again!
Reply 6223
Original post by IlluminatedRain
Am I the only one who's terribly anxious about enrollment? It was super stressful for me last year, and now we have to do it all over again!

Same here! I'd just enrolled for classes last year (which involved phoning round trying to sort out clashes) and then my internal transfer was ok'd so I had to do it all again. Looking forward to enrolling this year on a super slow internet connection too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6224
Original post by G8D
Is there any way to export MyCampus timetable? I want it on my actually useful Google calendar without having to input it manually.

There is!
I think you do it via the timetable webapp ( http://www.gla.ac.uk/apps/ ). Its coming up as the server is down for me so cant check. But i exported it last year and im sure i did it that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ceiti
Same here! I'd just enrolled for classes last year (which involved phoning round trying to sort out clashes) and then my internal transfer was ok'd so I had to do it all again. Looking forward to enrolling this year on a super slow internet connection too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad I'm not alone! I just finished the financial and academic registrations, and now my troubles have already begun. Sigh.
Original post by G8D
Does anyone happen to have the december exam timetable for 2013? Specifically law.

Did you mean for 2014? If so, the dates are due out in a couple of weeks time.

If you want the timetable for past years I guess the best person to speak to is the subject administrator.
Anyone else doing Psychology or gonna be a fresher?? Really want to get to know people before my course starts if poss
So enrolment for continuing students at the end of this week. We meet again, mycampus...

Posted from TSR Mobile
need an easy(you know what i mean) level 1 subject to fill up my credits . im a maths student going into second year. second level 2 subjects is statisitcs.. essays arent my strong point so trying to stay away from those types of classes.

help please
Original post by Sarah219
need an easy(you know what i mean) level 1 subject to fill up my credits . im a maths student going into second year. second level 2 subjects is statisitcs.. essays arent my strong point so trying to stay away from those types of classes.

help please

ExCos??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone tell me the difference between Mathematics 1R/1S and 1X/1Y
What am I expected to know if I enroll on 1X/1Y
Sorry if this is the wrong thread
Reply 6232
Original post by marto12345
Can someone tell me the difference between Mathematics 1R/1S and 1X/1Y
What am I expected to know if I enroll on 1X/1Y
Sorry if this is the wrong thread

X/Y are a bit more advanced, and generally only open to those who got a B or better at advanced higher/A level.

R/S are pretty much a repeat of higher and a little bit of advanced higher maths, it's a course more generally designed for those who are studying another course which requires maths as a prerequisite, e.g. Psychology, Physics, Economics etc. The entry requirement is a C at higher level.

I ended up doing R/S because although I got a B at advanced higher, it'd been 2 years since I'd left school when I changed to Maths, so I decided would be better to start with the "refresher", however I found it very easy. If you're capable enough of doing X/Y I'd suggest it - in any case it makes sense to start with that and move to R/S if you're struggling to keep up than the other way around.
Original post by munn
X/Y are a bit more advanced, and generally only open to those who got a B or better at advanced higher/A level.

Thank you for your answer.
The problem is that I'm not from the UK and I don't know what is being studied in the last years of school. I'm afraid that I might end up not knowing something which may be required for X/Y.
Reply 6234
Original post by LaurenCam89
I'm doing Microbiology :smile: Third year was so much better than second and I done a lot better overall than I did in second year. Microbiology, Parasitology and Virology are all taught together in third year which is good as you learn about all 3. I'm not too fond of Malcolm either - had him for my Immunology block this year and he doesn't use powerpoint at all. He just writes random words on the board - really annoying. Oh god, I didn't like BaO or MoL. Did you always want to do Genetics? That was one of my other choices at the end second year mainly because of Kevin O'Dell :tongue:

Hi,
Do you remember immunology to be difficult?
Original post by marto12345
Thank you for your answer.
The problem is that I'm not from the UK and I don't know what is being studied in the last years of school. I'm afraid that I might end up not knowing something which may be required for X/Y.

Hi, I did X/Y this last year.

I can give you all of the lecture slides for 1X, if you would like a link just send me a message and I'll PM you with them.

Quick Reply

Latest