The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
Depends entirely on your department. I think the answer, in the majority of cases, is no.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
why the hell do you need a reading week?!
Reply 3
some departments give week 6 as reading week for people,

this tends to be for subjects like english.. where they get a pile of books [that takes 2 days solid reading to get though if you read quickly] and then let them get the week off..

most subjects tend to not do this,

Lancaster has short terms compared to other uni's [most have 2 12 week terms and a summer exam term of 6 weeks] and they sometimes give people a break after 6 weeks...
others have even longer terms...
Reply 4
I need a reading week man....... so far behind with the readings... second year is solid man!!!
Reply 5
In first year the problem is that you have 3 departments to deal with, and while one of them might have a reading week, the chances of all 3 doing it at the same time is virtually nil.
Lizj
In first year the problem is that you have 3 departments to deal with, and while one of them might have a reading week, the chances of all 3 doing it at the same time is virtually nil.

I had this problem last year- off for English and Creative writing, so it almost seemed pointless going to History!

Latest

Trending

Trending