The Student Room Group

Help! Does anyone know?

Do universities look at our AS's or your predicted grades more?

I got BBC at AS
but am Predicted ABB

I want to go to Cardiff/Pharmacy so bad and work part-time in boots, volunteered in Africa, am on the Student union... etc BUT I'm starting to panic

I am retaking a couple of modules to boost my AS so hopefully will have by the end of the year...

AS. AAB
and then A2 - AAB/ABB

Argh so annoyed with my C thou, I was predicted A the whole year then just had a bad day on the exam...

I supose if all else fails if I get no offers get my A2 and apply next year :smile:

xoxo:biggrin:
Reply 1
Im pretty sure they look at your predicted grades more, your retaking so you can change your grade, and if in your references they say "we expected an A just a bad day in the exam" i'm sure you will be fine !
Reply 2
brokeout
Im pretty sure they look at your predicted grades more, your retaking so you can change your grade, and if in your references they say "we expected an A just a bad day in the exam" i'm sure you will be fine !

Thank you for that :smile:
having a worry evening hehe :smile:
Soo excited for Pharmacy2009!

xoxo:rolleyes:
Reply 3
I have those every evening.

It will all come together :smile:

x
Reply 4
You cant say which they look at more, id say it is a combination of the two. If you have appalling AS's but are predicted 3As, it could be an indication of your potential...or your schools issues. Rather, i think a prediction that is close to your actual AS levels would set you in better stead towards gettin into the course you applied for. Meaning AS - BBC to a prediction of ABB would make more sense than one of BBC to AAA because retakes arent easy, and not everyone goes up after a retake.
Reply 5
you don't even have to put down your AS grades. you just put pending on your ucas application! then that means the grade is pending awaiting the result of your retake/retakes
Reply 6
Depends on the school though, my school we were forced to put our grades down as school policy, but your right yes, you arent obliged to put the AS results on, which can always work in your favour, in which case its entirely dependent upon your predicted grades :smile:
Reply 7
mrgbrown89
you don't even have to put down your AS grades. you just put pending on your ucas application! then that means the grade is pending awaiting the result of your retake/retakes

If your grades have been certified you have to announce it on ucas lol. If not you can put as pending. Most school certify you should know on your results slip you'll have a mark out of 300 for each subject
Reply 8
yeh but what if you want to retake those exams in the january by the time you've resat them and got the results its gonna be too late to even apply for uni let alone fill out your ucas form!
Reply 9
If they are certificated then you can't retake them. Otherwise I believe that you can put "pending" where you have a choose of whether or not to add any modules.
Reply 10
I thought that you couldnt put your results as pending since this year? xoxo