The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Got my conditional for Motorsport Technology !
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
i applied for mechanical engineering. really like the uni but just realised how expensive the halls are to live in! Im guna need an extra grand from somewhere to cover my accommodation fees! Then find more money for living costs arghhhh
Reply 42
Doesnt a loan cover them ?

Cause i thought your housing gets payed straight away as soon as it comes through.
Twentymac
Doesnt a loan cover them ?

Cause i thought your housing gets payed straight away as soon as it comes through.

it should do, but im only eligible for the basic maintenance loan which is about £3400, cos my stepdad gets a big salary. But because hes my stepdad he wont be the one supporting me through university, it will be my parents.
Reply 44
Got an interview on 30th for Real Estate
Reply 45
liamashley
it should do, but im only eligible for the basic maintenance loan which is about £3400, cos my stepdad gets a big salary. But because hes my stepdad he wont be the one supporting me through university, it will be my parents.

yeah fair enough i think im in the same position as you.

If not we can be house buddys :biggrin:
Twentymac
yeah fair enough i think im in the same position as you.

If not we can be house buddys :biggrin:

haha i spoke to mum yesterday and she said that theyl help me do whatever i want to do where i want to do it. I just feel bad though because its so much more expensive than other places! Still not got an offer yet anyways so i dont wanna get my hopes up! hopefully see you there x
Reply 47
Got an offer yesterday, for ComputerScience and Maths, combined.
Reply 48
Received offer ABB English last night.
Reply 49
I got an offer over a month ago now and still no letter, is anyone in the same situation or should I call them on Monday?
I got a conditional offer in December.
I'm putting it as my firm this week probably.
:smile:
0lolade
I got an offer over a month ago now and still no letter, is anyone in the same situation or should I call them on Monday?

I think this is how its doen now with most unis, you get the offer via UCAS and via the track system you can access a digital copy of an official UCAS letter. But I don't thinking many universities are sending out physical copies of confirmations...
Reply 52
Business Economics..... x
I have an offer for English! Eeeeee!
Reply 54
I applied for communication, media and culture and got an offer of BCCC which is quite achievable, however I am horrendous when it comes to general studies.. ah well! Brookes is my firm choice and Brunel is my insurance =)
Reply 55
Applied for Nursing : mental health and got an unconditional :smile:, will probably be my firm
Reply 56
Business and Marketing
im going to have to work my "winning personally" to overdrive since im not going to know ANYONE there oh God i may be a......... loner:eek:!!!! looool
Reply 57
iamwill
Business and Marketing
im going to have to work my "winning personally" to overdrive since im not going to know ANYONE there oh God i may be a......... loner:eek:!!!! looool

I'm in the exact same boat!
Reply 58
Im applying!
Media Tech
CCC
Reply 59
nevnev
I'm in the exact same boat!

what the fact that your studying business and marketing or your not going to know anyone else ?

Latest

Trending

Trending