The Student Room Group

Eurosceptic Society of TSR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bagration
Look at the poster. Look at it carefully and what you tihnk it suggests.

And since it offends you so much, even if I may be a libertarian:

That doesn't particularly offend me and I have looked at the poster and as far as I can deduce it is suggesting that you agree with communists and facists but yet don't think that we should join the EU because you think that they are worse
I just find it funny that you would call the EU 'undemocratic' but yet support communism and facism... that's what I would call an idiot
Reply 21
nemnem
That doesn't particularly offend me and I have looked at the poster and as far as I can deduce it is suggesting that you agree with communists and facists but yet don't think that we should join the EU because you think that they are worse
I just find it funny that you would call the EU 'undemocratic' but yet support communism and facism... that's what I would call an idiot

LOL.

It's saying that first Europe was under Nazi control - then secondly, Communists - and thirdly, the EU hand is extended - and asking, will you shake it?

It's an ANTI Communist/Fascist poster that compares the EU to those two beliefs.
Reply 22
Bagration
Look at the poster. Look at it carefully and what you tihnk it suggests.

And since it offends you so much, even if I may be a libertarian:

Now you are really getting mean :no:
Reply 23
Freedom of Speech ftw
Reply 24
Bagration
LOL.

It's saying that first Europe was under Nazi control - then secondly, Communists - and thirdly, the EU hand is extended - and asking, will you shake it?

It's an ANTI Communist/Fascist poster that compares the EU to those two beliefs.

and that's obviously really clear...
you call me an idiot but you're the ignorant one posting a swastika. You people disgust me
Reply 25
Bagration
Freedom of Speech ftw

oh no wait the EU might BAN freedom of speech OMG OMG THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE OVER, THEY'RE GOING TO INVADE US dun dun dun fear the EU
Reply 26
nemnem
oh no wait the EU might BAN freedom of speech OMG OMG THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE OVER, THEY'RE GOING TO INVADE US dun dun dun fear the EU
http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=559
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1460235,00.html
Reply 27

Well, actually, this is quite serious. Because anomynous blogs are not banned even in China......wtf is going on with those nutters.
Reply 28
Bagration
Freedom of Speech ftw

exactly.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH FTW.
Reply 29
~|Shock|~
Well, actually, this is quite serious. Because anomynous blogs are not banned even in China......wtf is going on with those nutters.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
Reply 30

why would people want to blog anonymously? If it wasn't to do something bad like incite violence or racism
If people want to blog about something acceptable then they won't have to do it anonymously
Oh and I've only just read that second one - you do realise that isn't really only the EU meine kampf is already banned in Germany
Reply 31
nemnem
why would people want to blog anonymously? If it wasn't to do something bad like incite violence or racism
If people want to blog about something acceptable then they won't have to do it anonymously

that's clearly not true. how about attacks for their views? co-workers? friends?
Reply 32
nemnem

...And you're the one who proclaims to hate Fascism... lol.
nemnem
and that's obviously really clear...
you call me an idiot but you're the ignorant one posting a swastika. You people disgust me

And you're obviously more ignorant than an ignorant thing that's been headbutting a concrete pole for the past 8 hours. You disgust ME.

Tool.
Reply 34
Count me in :smile:
Reply 35
Noémie
that's clearly not true. how about attacks for their views? co-workers? friends?

what attacks for? why would they need to hide behind an anonymous blog
Reply 36
nemnem
Oh and I've only just read that second one - you do realise that isn't really only the EU meine kampf is already banned in Germany

Blog anonymously is not just for inciting hatred or racism.

For instance, people in China who do not have the same level of freedom here can use it to criticise the government, find out which official is corrupt, and comment on the policies. Things that they're not allowed to do in real life.
Reply 37
nemnem

And why would you want to take it away?
Reply 38
~|Shock|~
Blog anonymously is not just for inciting hatred or racism.

For instance, people in China who do not have the same level of freedom here can use it to criticise the government, find out which official is corrupt, and comment on the policies. Things that they're not allowed to do in real life.

That's in CHINA where their freedom is encroached on
We are in EUROPE where we can openly criticise the government even in real life without fear of punishment
Reply 39
nemnem

for their views. not everyone has the same views, funnily enough. some people even have OFFENSIVE views, as shocking as that is.
anonymity provides the right to privacy and freedom from being attacked in the street for their views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending