The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was bitter for a few days. I was mad that I wiled away a MONTH just to be rejected.

I tore up everything in my room to do with cambridge and binned it. then I felt better.

-

Then I rationalised, and realised I'm not suited to a course with hardly any practical work anyway. so yay.

They're just taking a little longer to get over the bitter disappointment. Give them something to rip. it feels good.
mobb_theprequel
Ha, you let your guard down. So much for the asexual pseudonyms - your cover is blown.

A Gestapo boot will be penetrating your front door shortly...

But then again, the term "bint" is only ever used of females. I'd say it's inconclusive.
Reply 22
mobb_theprequel
Ha, you let your guard down. So much for the asexual pseudonyms - your cover is blown.

A Gestapo boot will be penetrating your front door shortly...

Bugger me, oh well, he's being a nonce anyway.
Reply 23
Nikolai Rules
Reply 24
NikolaiJ
My friend got rejected from an oxbridge college and has become immensely bitter about the fact. He/she even went as far as cancelling his application (after his/her rejection) I guess so it wouldn't look so bad. He/she's getting on their high horse about how he/she is 'too good for them anyway' and how immensely special he/she is now... it's getting quite a pain in the nob...

Is this at all common or is he/she just being a bint?

btw I've tried to mask the identity of the person just in case by random chance they come to the site and read it.

That's pretty crappy behaviour, I know some people who have got stroppy about rejections, but cancelling the application really is extreme.
Reply 25
Certain people in my 6th form have been similar. Once they were rejected, they when tried putting my appectance down, by saying the only reason I got in is because I have a horse!! I just laughed and thought, don't even waste your breath. :mad:
Noel
Certain people in my 6th form have been similar. Once they were rejected, they when tried putting my appectance down, by saying the only reason I got in is because I have a horse!! I just laughed and thought, don't even waste your breath. :mad:

How the hell does a horse help?? Though one of the teachers at school hates my dad and thinks I got in becuase my surname is Joiner
Noel

Once again, I am shocked and worried by what Oxbridge applications do to people - they really seem to bring out the worst!
Reply 28
NikolaiJ
My friend got rejected from an oxbridge college and has become immensely bitter about the fact. He/she even went as far as cancelling his application (after his/her rejection) I guess so it wouldn't look so bad. He/she's getting on their high horse about how he/she is 'too good for them anyway' and how immensely special he/she is now... it's getting quite a pain in the nob...

I'm telling MJ hehe
Reply 29
I think it works both ways. Although some people do act stuck-up after being rejected, it just as much happens the opposite way round.

I was accused (by someone on this board) of being sour after saying that I was never sure whether I'd be happy at Oxford if I had got an offer (though I never said I'd reject an offer, because I wouldn't have). I think some offerees like the idea of the world viewing them with seething jealousy slightly too much, when, to be honest, I think the vast majority of rejects really weren't that arsed - or at least the person I'm talking about did.
Reply 30
[QUOTE="kateington"]
NikolaiJ

I'm telling MJ hehe

Hehe, it's not me silly. I got in... :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Mooey have u applied to Harvard?
:confused:
Reply 32
well... there is nothing to be mad about... she could always try to reapply next year

Latest

Trending

Trending