The Student Room Group

'What Computers Do' assignment (Business Information Systems)

I'm posting this in both the 'Business' and 'Computer Science' sections as my course is a hybrid of both and this forum doesn't seem to cater for that.

Anyone doing this? has done this? I've just been given a very vague assignment asking me to write about something in the computing world that that is 'interesting' or 'important'. Now that bits easy...I could write about anything, so I was thinking 'Social Networking' would be a good one to research and write about, but apparently I need 'an angle', now this 'angle' that my tutor spoke of seems to be non-existent...This was literally our tutor session last week:

Tutor: So what do you plan on writing about?
Me: Social networking
Tutor: what are you going to say?
Me: Well, a lot of businesses now go on Facebook, and the likes, to research potential employees and such. Oh, and I mean, I haven't e-mailed a friend in about 3-4 years now, I just drop them a comment on Facebook.
Tutor: Yes, but you need 'an angle'!
Me: Err what?

Then he moved on and asked the next person, it went exactly the same:

Tutor: what are you doing blah blah
#2: blah blah blah
Tutor: You need an angle!
#2: Err what?

Then he moved on through 6 other people and the exact same thing happened. Other people had pretty decent ideas like 'e-commerce', I mean that's changed loads and the guy that chose it explained what he'd write about, but still he didn't have 'an angle' apparently. If my tutor can't even help what the heeeelllll am I supposed to do haha. Anyone doing/done this course have a similar assignment? Any ideas what this 'angle' is?
Reply 1
Feck, just realised this isn't the Uni section, could a mod move it to the University forum equivalent? :x

Latest

Trending

Trending