The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've got an interview at Bristol, guys :yep:
3rd December, email sent today at 11.57. Next interview dates are 10th December and 28th January.
Hopefully this'll be the start of all the reapplicants' interview dates :smile:
Reply 81
emilyyy
I've got an interview at Bristol, guys :yep:
3rd December, email sent today at 11.57. Next interview dates are 10th December and 28th January.
Hopefully this'll be the start of all the reapplicants' interview dates :smile:

YAY well done :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 82
blahhh
YAY well done :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thankyou! I cried :o:
Reply 83
Awww! I just went insane :p: And dropped my phone in the dogs water bowl while trying to ring people :biggrin:

Just wondering, did you have an interview last year? I can't remember if you did or not, am trying to get together some idea of how to prepare :biggrin:

Good luck!!!!!!!!
:smile:
Reply 84
blahhh
Awww! I just went insane :p: And dropped my phone in the dogs water bowl while trying to ring people :biggrin:

Just wondering, did you have an interview last year? I can't remember if you did or not, am trying to get together some idea of how to prepare :biggrin:

Good luck!!!!!!!!
:smile:

Hah!

No, I didn't; which is why I'm so happy this year :p: Last year I was rejected without interview by all four. So I have no clue I'm afraid!

I've just been told to know the ins and outs of your personal statement, as they base most questions on that; get yourself up to date with a few current affairs; work out what you've learnt from work exp, the insight into the career it's given you, plus examples - and also some interesting cases/cases you can waffle on for about, with some biology or something in there; be willing to talk about yourself/hobbies for a bit; and always have at least one question to ask!

Hmmm, what to wear... :wink:
Reply 85
emilyyy
Hah!

No, I didn't; which is why I'm so happy this year :p: Last year I was rejected without interview by all four. So I have no clue I'm afraid!

I've just been told to know the ins and outs of your personal statement, as they base most questions on that; get yourself up to date with a few current affairs; work out what you've learnt from work exp, the insight into the career it's given you, plus examples - and also some interesting cases/cases you can waffle on for about, with some biology or something in there; be willing to talk about yourself/hobbies for a bit; and always have at least one question to ask!

Hmmm, what to wear... :wink:

Cheers :biggrin:

I didnt get an interview last year either from Bristol! But I did from notts and got rejected :o: they sent feedback and basically said there were too many people! Getting into Bristol will be my dream come true!

Oh I have the same problem about what to wear! Can't afford a new outfit, working too much for free these days :p: Hopefully my nan will fund it :rolleyes:

I'm sooooooooooo excited :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 86
Aww well done emily!
I only got an interview from RVC last year. Bristol gave me the "were not sure what were doing with you" letter last year. But so far I've receieved nothing other than an acknowledgment. So fingers crossed. I reckon I may cry if I get a bristol interview. Haha

Hehe I was such an odd one out at my RVC interview with my dress. I had like slightly grey skinny jeans with brown boots and a brown v neck over a white blouse. I did look very different to all the girls in their black suits. But thats what I wanted. I wanted to look smart, but still have my personality. I wore a horseshoe necklace, my animal charm bracelet and I looked like a right animal freak. haha. Ahh well! Thats what I am, so why hide it eh? lol
Reply 87
And well done to you too Blahhh! :biggrin:
Reply 88
Milly thats tops!
:yep:
Reply 89
Emikoo
And well done to you too Blahhh! :biggrin:

I hope you hear soon!:smile:
Reply 90
Thanks Emikoo; I'll be imitating your finger crossing, for you and me, and everyone else! And Bumbleboy - I've been jumping around my house most of the afternoon, that's how tops it is :p:

I'm on edge still though, waiting for you guys to hear stuff!
Reply 91
Well I know im not going to hear from Bristol until late January, its good to have an idea or dates it helps with the wait.
I'm expecting Notts to reject me soon and then it will be all about Bristol!
Reply 92
bumbleboy
Well I know im not going to hear from Bristol until late January, its good to have an idea or dates it helps with the wait.
I'm expecting Notts to reject me soon and then it will be all about Bristol!

:mad:

POSITIVITYYYYY!

:p:
Reply 93
yeah stay positive!
You never know what may happen.

I just went on RVC's website and it says that this year they want you to include a detailed work experience list in your application. Like "I worked on a farm from setp06 to jan 07" or something. O.o I just did what I did last year. I didn't include any lengths of time I just listed where I have worked. Do you think i should email them my work experience profile???
Reply 94
Wahaay! That's great news about the interview, well done you! :biggrin:
Reply 95
I have gone from been very positive about my application to very negative actually!

However there is a reason for my negative notts vibe, when I contacted them earlier in the year to ask for feedback on last years application, they told me it wasnt worth giving me any as they had considered my application twice and they dont allow more than two applications per person.

I still applied as there's nothing to lose but I know what the outcome will be!
Reply 96
bumbleboy
I have gone from been very positive about my application to very negative actually!

However there is a reason for my negative notts vibe, when I contacted them earlier in the year to ask for feedback on last years application, they told me it wasnt worth giving me any as they had considered my application twice and they dont allow more than two applications per person.

I still applied as there's nothing to lose but I know what the outcome will be!

I've applied to notts after being rejected after interview last year! :rolleyes:

You never know, at least they know you're determined enough to have applied 3 times!!
Reply 97
I did get an interview in my first application and was put on the waiting list for places!
So they liked me then, last year nothing!
Reply 98
bumbleboy
I did get an interview in my first application and was put on the waiting list for places!
So they liked me then, last year nothing!

Ignore what they said/did, Bumbleboy. There's always a chance, no matter how small.
To be honest Nottingham don't stick to what they say anyway, I reckon. Otherwise when I rang up on results day with that chem at a B, they would have said no outright. If your application shines and sets you up to be a good applicant they'll want to interview you, regardless of their usual policy - because they won't want to let a potentially great student slip away to one of the other vet schools.

Just hang in there :smile:

And thanks, CJC :smile:
Reply 99
Cheers Milly

I guess at the end of the day, there's always hope!

Like I said I just have a feeling with Notts, but id be more than happy if they proved me wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending