Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Salad farts!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    God help me. I've become a fan of green salads (lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumber) that I like to eat with tins of tuna. But... holy hell does it give me gas.

Now normally this would be a time for celebration. Normally I would rejoice. Farts, after all, are the spice of life. But these farts - they are very painful. It literally feels like period cramp 24/7.

Must I give up salads? :sad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're such a lady!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    God help me. I've become a fan of green salads (lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumber) that I like to eat with tins of tuna. But... holy hell does it give me gas.

Now normally this would be a time for celebration. Normally I would rejoice. Farts, after all, are the spice of life. But these farts - they are very painful. It literally feels like period cramp 24/7.

Maybe not give them up completely but cut them down until you're farting again with comfort! :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    constipated eat some fibre
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    what are you talking about - girls don't fart. They only poo tiny malteaser like pellets.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

:toofunny:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bass_belle)
    constipated eat some fibre
    No its not that. I have at least 4 bowls of bran flakes per day. Have been for many years now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    maybe your system adjusting to your diet? I've recently stepped up on more fruit and fibre and the same happened to me. However after a number of weeks its seems to have subsided.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

:rofl: I laughed so much at that sentence it hurt.

Try replacing the tuna with chicken for a few days to see if its the tuna. It could also possible be the cucumber because that gives my brother farts of doom.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seriously..

why did you have to put this in the food section,i like to read about food when i'm hungry in almost makes me full ,but that has really put me offf my ChIpS!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Go somewhere quiet and let it all out
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isiti)
    maybe your system adjusting to your diet? I've recently stepped up on more fruit and fibre and the same happened to me. However after a number of weeks its seems to have subsided.
    That's comforting

What did it feel like for you?

I've tried taking charcoal. It helps a teeny tiny bit, but I need something more substantial. The discomfort is too great.

Should I wait a few weeks then see the doc?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get the same when I go on salad/fruit binges. It will clear up soon, don't panic =)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Classy bird! haha love it, sounds like your body doesnt agree with the greens too much like!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

haha i love you! lol...probably need more fibre take 'fibre sure' if you dont like eating high-fibre foods you can get it from boots!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveshopping)
    haha i love you! lol...probably need more fibre take 'fibre sure' if you dont like eating high-fibre foods you can get it from boots!
    I'm eating crap loads of fibre. See above.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    oh sorry missed that one..bran flakes!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Pun intended?
    • 7 followers

I find I get the farts when I eat a lot of fruit/salad/veg.

But I take it as a good sign . . .:laugh:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I find I get the farts when I eat a lot of fruit/salad/veg.

But I take it as a good sign . . .:laugh:
    But my farts.... they be hurting my tummy :sad:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 26, 2010
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.