The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
I want another monitor now :frown:.
Reply 1001
So go get one. You can pick up an old CRT for free, or a cheap LCD for £100
Reply 1002
Yeah, eaxctly.

I got my first second screen for free off school, little 15" crt to go with the 19 crt.

Then i went single for a bit with the new 19"tft
- Then i got another one simular to match for christmas of my rents.

So ive now got a SM940t and an SM940n pair.

Daniel
Ive got a 22" Samsung SyncMaster BW226 (1680x1050) , and some 19" (1280x1024) on the side. It's a nice pair.
Alan Partridge has some nice desktop....
Here's my current background - just a simple shot that my brother took on his last trip to Laos - it's actually a quite nice picture, but I thought I may as well play about with this new-fangled Flip3D thing on the new PC we recently got.

Reply 1006
what do you guys actually use your second monitor for?
Reply 1007
Um, mainly just to put spare stuff or junk on actually.

For instance on the desktop, I keep my main monitor completely clear, nice backround, etc etc with maybe one or two icons for stuff I really need to remember to do or am working on right now, on it. Then put all the other crap (ie millions of shortcuts, folders, widgets, etc etc) on the second monitor

Or when writing an essay - I would have the essay on the main screen and references or even just the title written in big bold letters in notepad (I tend to ramble, otherwise ^^) on the other. Or iTunes maybe.

Or when playing a game, I'd have vent on the other screen.

Tbh tho I just have 2 because I can. As I had effectively a spare when I bought a new monitor. They're not a matched pair or anything.
Mine...

:smile:
Angel Interceptor
Here's my current background - just a simple shot that my brother took on his last trip to Laos - it's actually a quite nice picture, but I thought I may as well play about with this new-fangled Flip3D thing on the new PC we recently got.

Looks like one of the backgrounds that comes with Vista to me :confused:
You're right! I just checked and it IS one of the Vista ones; my brother's shots from Laos are in a different folder. I must have clicked on the wrong one when putting this up. Whoops.
Reply 1011
Here's mine:

Reply 1012
Most Windows screenshots look bland and similar to most others.

Generic toolbar (okay, some have a WMP plugin), a wallpaper of a car/a woman/landscape, a huge amount of icons on the desktop and the bland default theme. *yawn*.
Reply 1013
TomX

Generic toolbar (okay, some have a WMP plugin), a wallpaper of a car/a woman/landscape, a huge amount of icons on the desktop and the bland default theme. *yawn*.

qft
TomX

I find Mac desktops more interesting. I don't know why, I just do. :smile:
TomX

I agree with you, if i had the sense to get a Mac instead of this stupid Windows Vista a few weeks ago, i would have. It's boring. Now im stuck with this :frown:
TomX

While everyone who uses a Mac has such radical desktops; most of the people I know with Macs haven't even changed their fricking desktop background - still, perhaps such a task is beyond identokit Mac users... :wink:
The standard OS X wallpaper is quite nice and simple though.
Reply 1018
Angel Interceptor
While everyone who uses a Mac has such radical desktops; most of the people I know with Macs haven't even changed their fricking desktop background - still, perhaps such a task is beyond identokit Mac users... :wink:

I don't disagree that of the Mac screenshots I've seen, they too look similar and bland. I prefer them to Windows (they look suaver) but still... it's boring.

I find Arch Linux's Screenshot Thread to be much more varied (among other thing).
Reply 1019
I took both of these photos at uni last term:smile: This is on my windows boot, with a mac-look-shell-replacement-thing. I forget what I used- I've had it for ages now! I also used to use YzDock, but it seemed to delete all of my icons when I rebooted after a dodgy shutdown...

And this is a picture of Clare Bridge from the back lawn of King's college, taken on Halloween. The streaks are from a passing punt which was taking a bunch of tourists down the Cam with candlelit jack-o-lanterns:biggrin:

This is a view from my room (I have a balcony :eek: )

EDIT: I found some older desktop screen shots from my windows blinds days which I thought were pretty neat

My friend made me this desktop using some Gray's Anatomy drawings.

This is a screencapture of a desert in Egypt (or somewhere else in North Africa) from google maps which again, I thought looked neat!

Latest

Trending

Trending