The Student Room Group

Worried about offers

Right here goes

Im applying for natural sciences this year at nottignham, durham, newcastle, bath and UCL but i havent sent my ucas off yet and loads of my mates are now getting offers from unis that im applying to but for different courses. Does this mean that if i send my ucas off in about a week that my chances of getting an offer are reduced because if some courses are offering places then why wont mine.

Thanks
I don't know about the others, but the UCL site says they don't offer places until after the final deadline (Jan 15th). Other unis do this as well, like Bristol.

The only way you're guaranteed not to get similar consideration is if you apply after the final deadline. Even about now is pretty early.
Reply 2
You'll be fine - you are still 2 and 1/2 months ahead of the final deadline, and trust me, so many people are in a rush in January to send in it. Some of my friends were last year, and they still got at least 3 offers. Don't worry about it! If you are still concerned however then just try to send it off soon - and watch the offers come rolling in! :biggrin:
Reply 3
thecaterpillar
I don't know about the others, but the UCL site says they don't offer places until after the final deadline (Jan 15th).

Really? Where does it say that? Quite a few of us here have been told we will be offered places in a few weeks (after we go on the open day). This is for maths though, it might be different in other departments.

But yeah, you aren't going to be that adversely affected by a week, don't worry ^.^
Reply 4
offers will come..dont worry bout it
Reply 5
Cheers guys.
My college doesnt even send them off until January they said it is easier to send them all at the same time. I have a meeting with senior management first day back after hakf term to plead my case because people on here already have offers for my second choice and my first choice only has 10 places. Dont worry about it though they always leave places December will be a good time after that its a bit late because they will get all the people who didnt really care.

Latest

Trending

Trending