The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LH123
I'm shocked that Southampton is so popular.

Why? Its a good university, in a nice city, with a top-10 geography department. :s-smilie:
Reply 21
They're very good for physical type-stuff, less amazing for human.
Reply 22
Grapevine
Why? Its a good university, in a nice city, with a top-10 geography department. :s-smilie:

I don't really now. heh.
Reply 23
LH123
I don't really now. heh.

youll enjoy it here, the geog lectures ive had were pretty good (though they were called "physical geography" and were heavy on human) and the lecturers are legends (keith barber is a laugh)
Reply 24
alex p
youll enjoy it here, the geog lectures ive had were pretty good (though they were called "physical geography" and were heavy on human) and the lecturers are legends (keith barber is a laugh)

Well it's definitely one of my favourites out of the 5. I'll see whether I get offers from Bristol and Cambridge though. :smile:
Reply 25
Where's the love for UCL?

Ah well, more spaces for me. :p:
Reply 26
I loved the look of UCL, but I just wouldn't enjoy living in London.

~EDIT~

Also remember this is not representative of real, non TSR, statistics.
Reply 27
LH123
I loved the look of UCL, but I just wouldn't enjoy living in London.

~EDIT~

Also remember this is not representative of real, non TSR, statistics.

Horses for courses I suppose...I think it'll be great. Even if it is a very expensive place to live (As my dad likes to keep reminding me, wants me to stay near home and go to Liverpool, bless him).

And don't burst my bubble, if I want to think that only three people have applied to UCL then let me. :p:
Reply 28
Wilt
Horses for courses I suppose...I think it'll be great. Even if it is a very expensive place to live (As my dad likes to keep reminding me, wants me to stay near home and go to Liverpool, bless him).

And don't burst my bubble, if I want to think that only three people have applied to UCL then let me. :p:

Well yeah the accomodation costs put me off, but also such a huge city, such pollution. Nah, I don't fancy it. Not that I'm knocking it as your choice, of course.

And you know I was lying about that whole representative statistics thing, right? TSR is actually the whole student world.
LH123
Well yeah the accomodation costs put me off, but also such a huge city, such pollution. Nah, I don't fancy it. Not that I'm knocking it as your choice, of course.

That's the same as me really. I loved the idea of studying at somewhere like UCL or LSE, but didn't fancy London as a place. The accommodation costs wouldn't have been too bad in year 1 when in university owned acom but, after that, you would just get completely stitched up. A night out would end up costing twice as much as anywhere else and then there is the pollution, crime and general busy-ness.

In conclusion, everywhere else > London.
Reply 30
Grapevine
In conclusion, everywhere else > London.

:yep:
LH123
:yep:

:ditto:

London has some very nice universities, but the problem comes with the location...on the surface it may seem really good, but it's not for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending