The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Midpoint Apartments Stirling

Hi everyone,

I'll be starting Stirling Uni in September 2009 and will be moving out. However, I've heard some pretty awful things about the halls at Stirling! And none (with the exception of ASH) have ensuite, something that I'm not sure I could cope with! (I'm a bit OCD with germs and stuff!) I've found private halls on the internet called Midpoint, but as its a new build there are no real photos of it, and the info about rent is a bit vague...was just wondering if anyone could give me more info on it?! Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
There uni halls at the end of the day, if your that anal about germs then mabey you should avoid them all together?
I stayed in alexander court last year and its probably your best bet at stirling other than ASH. 2 toilet/shower rooms between 6 rather than the ultra communal pish in the other ones! Avoid Geddes like the plague.
Dont know anything about the other ones you mentioned, dont miss out on first year by staying off campus...great banter.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Mid-Point appartments are nice and slightly more sophisticated than halls. You also have a double bed in the rooms (granted it does take up most of the room) and an en-suite, which is rare for student accomodation in Stirling. However, i would not advise them for first years - as they are not halls! Living off campus can be a great thing, however, i do believe you have to experience living on-campus first. My first year in Halls (Murray) was absolutely fantastic and i met some great friends (6 of which are living with me this year in Ally Court).
I thought i wouldn't be able to deal with the toilet/shower situation at first, but got used to with time. ASH offers en-suite rooms, and if you apply early enough you should get one. It's just up to yourself if your willing to pay the extra money for it.
Anyway hope thats helped ........... Good Luck
Oh ... just to agree without the comment above DO NOT apply for Geddes (the ghetto) if you like to be/stay clean!!!
Reply 3
Does anyone of you guys know how much rent they charge per month?

Latest