The Student Room Group
I used sex. Didn't actually work that well though.
Scientific Calculator
What different methods are dedicated students using in order to remain motivated during revision?

Wrong question. You're fishing for unsustainable ideas because you're asking for secondary gain. Reason: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5587017#post5587017. :smile:
I kept thinking 'I gotta work or else I'll end up with B's,C's and D's' In my mind a played out the scene of me getting really bad results on results day, realising I can't go to the sixth form I want and the GCSE's will stay with me on my CV forever.

& I won't get into any good uni's.

Just think what'll happen if you don't get the motivation...
Reply 4
we're all lazy procrastinators here, we should all be doing UCAS/essays right now, but instead we're on here.

get out now, save yourself.
moti...vation?
I ate silly amounts of cadbury's animal biscuits and tea while I revised for my GCSEs. It seemed to work.
Reply 7
Biscuits. For every word you write, eat a biscuit. Go on. Do it.
Reply 8
Imagine yourself 20 in years in the future. Your lying outside, the corner of a shop. As people walk past they act if your invisible while your there wearing a thick, dirty overcoat, your face is covered in a ginger beard and long uncut dirty hair going down to your shoulders. Sitting there with your stomach starving on a cold, wet winter day.

Your basically a tramp! Anyway, then I walk down the street and hand you some change because I'm such a nice person.

That wil be YOU unless you start revising, remember that image everytime you think of procastinating.:mad:

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 9
Motivation is, unfortunately an aggravation. As for accusations, you won't know how to take them. Inspiration is always hard to fake, and concentration is too easy to break. I'm afraid the situation is never where you'll want it to be.
Reply 10
For GCSEs, my motivation was that I didn't want bad grades to stay with me for life, and that I knew I was capable of doing well, so wanted to make sure I got the grades I knew I was able to achieve.
DaveJ
For GCSEs, my motivation was that I didn't want bad grades to stay with me for life, and that I knew I was capable of doing well, so wanted to make sure I got the grades I knew I was able to achieve.

This is my motivation...I think about how annoyed I'd be if I didn't get what I wanted because of lack of work.
It's only GCSEs, you don't have to worry about them for months!
Reply 13
Motivation?
I always think it'd be awesome to get straight A*s.
Oh and I can only procrastinate for so long. I start feeling really guitly so I'm not enjoying my time wasting :frown:
I am much worse than you lol! My mocks start on Monday and I still haven't started revising!!

I'm trying to remember what life would be like if I didn't pass my GCSE's. No college. No car. No uni. No job. No family. No life. No home. NOTHING.

But unfortunately, I'm a lost cause so that doesn't work for me. I just carry on procrastinating!!

GOOD LUCK!!!! :smile:
Reply 16
If you fail your GCSE's, you won't cope with A Levels
If you can't cope with A Levels, there's no way you'll be able to do a degree
If you can't get a degree, you can't get the job that you love (academic-wise)

Does that work?

Vicki x

Latest