The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Spotty Dog
My parents came with me to 3 out of four - Although one she just went shopping while I was interviewed. xD

HA. Hope she bought you something too :p:
Jessaay!
HA. Hope she bought you something too :p:

Millies cookies. :smile:
Reply 22
Spotty Dog
Millies cookies. :smile:

Awww that's cute :yep: My mum would just get me a bottle of water and a pat on the back :p:
Reply 23
nemnem
the admissions tutors are among us!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
Reply 24
When I went for my interviews, I didn't take my parents, although there were things arranged for parents. I took the train myself.
Reply 25
J-E-N-O-V-A
I find this wierd! My parents don't give a damn!

Sucks to be you then.
My dad came with me to only one of my auditions/interviews, and that was because it was such a dodgy route that I was scared I would get lost (and we still did!) My mum was going to come with for another one but had to work at last minute, luckily I found someone going to the same audition on the same train as me so we got talking!
Reply 27
SillyFencer
Sucks to be you then.

Not really. I'm a cool dude.
They just have parents' talks to keep the busybody parents who do come along occupied. (I can't imagine anything duller than tagging along to someone else's interview/open day...)
Reply 29
My parents don't come with me. not even to open days. they're just interested in me getting an offer then that's that. lol.
Reply 30
J-E-N-O-V-A
Obviously I don't mean sitting with you holding your hand but the university of mancheser invited me to an interview and said that they have a 'seperate programme for parents'. Anyone know anything about this?

I think mine might be busy...

Your parents don't have to come with you at an interview,but if they do then the uni has that separate programe for them while you have your interview. I got the same letter but i am going on my own.
My mum came with me to one in London last year - my first one - but the parents got taken away somewhere while we were being interviewed.
Reply 32
Universities are getting the hang of people bringing parents. There'll be a lecture, tour of the university or something else to act as a parent-sitting service so they can get on with the interviews.

Except to give you a lift to the university, I've never really seen the point of bringing parents to an interview. They're only getting in the way of everyone, but for some reason a lot of people seem to do it.
For mine there was generally a sort of holding pen for parents where they were sedated, then taken on a separate mini tour.
Reply 34
I don't think I'd like to go by myself to be honest, and I don't think my parents would expect me to go there by myself either.
I personally find is so annoying that unis and their student ambassadors tend to gear their attentions into appeasing over-involved 'helicopter' parents rather than applicants, especially if you're an applicant who, (heaven forbid) comes on your own. I mean, it's the APPLICANT that is ACTUALLY going to go to the uni NOT the parent. As for the sheepish parents tagging after the student when they go to interviews... doesn't the student think it's about time they learned some independence? :rolleyes: Parents usually just end up getting in other people's way anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending