The Student Room Group
if i had the means...
europe: france, italy, spain, switzerland
usa: new york, california
india, egypt, dubai

lol...wanna make the question more specific?...
do u mean to volunteer, go backpacking, trekking, sightseeing, clubbing....???
Reply 2
I would go to Beijing, actully Shanghai and teach english in the schools. I looked into this in year 11 but the cost frightened me alot! But i think it would be such a good experence!!
I am on a gap year, and im going to do europe and asia
Reply 4
japan

alaska

canada - (for just under year).
Reply 5
tami*
if i had the means...
europe: france, italy, spain, switzerland
usa: new york, california
india, egypt, dubai

lol...wanna make the question more specific?...
do u mean to volunteer, go backpacking, trekking, sightseeing, clubbing....???

Lol, anything you wanted to do, just if say money was no option were would you like to go lol
Reply 6
im taking one next year, probably america for a couple months
Reply 7
Cool :smile:
Probably Asia but spend most of my time in India and China
On my gap year I have plans to go to Spain, Hong Kong and America/Canada. I've already spent three months in France :smile:

I don't really see the appeal of doing the standard wandering around Asia with no real purpose gap year, so I've just picked individual places I want to go.
Reply 10
Learn more Mandarin, then go back to Shanghai and work in a school for migrant workers' children. Then travel around China and Hong Kong.
Maybe travel around Europe during the summer... France, Italy, Croatia or something.
Oh and hopefully go to New York for a few weeks.
HAH if only I had the money/could justify that to unis.
Back to the States then work my way down along a certain highway- can't remember the name now- which takes you through Mexico, down into the rest of Central America and into the South, then down to the tip of South America and back around to Brazil. Then back to the States via some of the Carribean, just for the sake of it really. I've already planned the route and researched a lot into it, just need a year or so of my life and the money. I'd do some sort of volunteer work along the way, as I speak Spanish pretty well and already have links to charites over there.

Or alternativley, I'd go back to Mongolia, then down to China and attempt to get into Tibet either from the Chinese side, or go around into Nepal and go that way. Then back around into the Central Asian countries such as Kazakstan, Uzbekistan etc. Got a vauge plan for that one too, but I've already spent a fair amount of time in Asia whereas I've only been in Central America for a couple of months. I kind of just wanna go and live in Mongolia for awhile. I speak some Mongolian from this summer, and am learning it now so it'd be good to get it properly learnt as its unique, and cool, language to have.
Reply 12
oxymoronic
Back to the States then work my way down along a certain highway- can't remember the name now- which takes you through Mexico, down into the rest of Central America and into the South, then down to the tip of South America and back around to Brazil. Then back to the States via some of the Carribean, just for the sake of it really. I've already planned the route and researched a lot into it, just need a year or so of my life and the money. I'd do some sort of volunteer work along the way, as I speak Spanish pretty well and already have links to charites over there.

Or alternativley, I'd go back to Mongolia, then down to China and attempt to get into Tibet either from the Chinese side, or go around into Nepal and go that way. Then back around into the Central Asian countries such as Kazakstan, Uzbekistan etc. Got a vauge plan for that one too, but I've already spent a fair amount of time in Asia whereas I've only been in Central America for a couple of months. I kind of just wanna go and live in Mongolia for awhile. I speak some Mongolian from this summer, and am learning it now so it'd be good to get it properly learnt as its unique, and cool, language to have.

That sounds awesome, I'd love to do an american road trip into south america as I'm learning spanish now!
I would work for 6 months, ideally in something relevant to my future degree, and earn the sterling. Then I would blow it all on 6 months of travelling.
Reply 14
America :yep: ive been before but i want to spend ages there and see everything.

Also Ireland bizzarely
I went to Thailand for 6 weeks...was going to Russia aswell for 3 months but the whole embassy problems started up so I couldn't go :frown:
Would still really like to go to Australia
If I was to then:

Shanghai, Tokyo, Paris, Venezuela, Cape Town, Australia

I guess holidays there will have to do :rolleyes:
Turkey, Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Iran, (Possibly 1/2 more other countries)
NYC --> L.A Trek
Peru/India

That was the plan anyway. I'll see how it turns out now since funds are not as expected :s-smilie: .
Reply 18
anna_spanner89
I am on a gap year, and im going to do europe and asia

me too. how good does asia look. excited already. going independently or STA or ...? how long you off for?
Reply 19
woofums
America :yep: ive been before but i want to spend ages there and see everything.

Also Ireland bizzarely

Irelands an awesome place :wink:

Latest