The Student Room Group

How Smart are you?

alot of people on here seem to be getting very academic, however is everyone telling the truth :rolleyes: , what grades did you get at gcse, as level, a2 level, wt uni do u go to??

ok so GCSE i got:
A*,A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B,B,

at AS i got :
A,B,B,C,

do u consider me as Very academic?, quite academic or average??,
wt unis should i be applying to, places like york, sheffield would i be well suited at such institutions, or would it be too academic for me? :yep:
Reply 1
What courses?
In terms of the majority of the population, very academic. In terms of TSR, average!

You should be applying to some top unis. I would recommend two AAB, two ABB and one BBB.
"Im ******* smart" those immortal words uttered by that dude from enron.

But anywho i think im in the top few % of the population.
simon12345
In terms of the majority of the population, very academic. In terms of TSR, average!

You should be applying to some top unis. I would recommend two AAB, two ABB and 1 BBB.

:ditto:
Reply 5
I got technically above average GCSE's, although below par on here! : 4 As 5Bs and a C
AS: 1 A 3 Bs and a C
Predicted ABBB (Which I find annoying as loads of others in the same boat as me have been predicted AAB/AAA :angry: )
and 5 offers for Law '09 entry - so im happy :smile:
Reply 6
I'm not expert but i'll assume that 4 AS is ~ equal to the same in highers, so an ABBC=BBBB, which is about the average going rate (in highers) for most courses in scotland so I'd say average. But you do have 5 As at GCSE, so it all depends on your A2 I guess.

In terms of grades last year I was ok (not perfect, but ah well...) at standard grade/higher (scottish qualifications)

6 1s and 2 2s at standard grade (usually we take 8 subjects, 1 is best grade you can get, 7 is worst)
5 As at higher (Again, usually take 5)

We'll see I do this year though!
Reply 7
Yeh TSR is a pretty academic forum from what you can see.. or will be seeing
Reply 8
Standard grade: 11111112
Highers: AAAAAA
AH: AAA

Studying at Imperial College
3 B's at GCSE and it all goes downhill from there.

And yet, I would say that I'm smarter than you.
grades to "prove" how smart you are.
Reply 11
Higgy90
Standard grade: 11111112
Highers: AAAAAA
AH: AAA

Studying at Imperial College

6 higher As AND 3 As at AH? Now that's just taking taking the piss :p:
Reply 12
deazle
I got technically above average GCSE's, although below par on here! : 4 As 5Bs and a C
AS: 1 A 3 Bs and a C
Predicted ABBB (Which I find annoying as loads of others in the same boat as me have been predicted AAB/AAA :angry: )
and 5 offers for Law '09 entry - so im happy :smile:

thats encouraging i got the same at AS :yep:
Reply 13
Olibert
What courses?

management, international business, :wink:
Reply 14
EierVonSatan
I'd say you have a decent set of results - so quite academic :smile: Sheffield and york seem reasonable choices, but depends on what you're looking to do.

:smile:
Yeh applying for management , and internaitonal business at 1, u think i should get the offers though for york e.t.c ? i havent sent my ucas off yet but will be on monday :smile:
Reply 15
mr_Cricket
:smile:
Yeh applying for management , and internaitonal business at 1, u think i should get the offers though for york e.t.c ? i havent sent my ucas off yet but will be on monday :smile:

Apply for places with typical offers of in the region AAB - BBB. With those AS results you shouldn't have much problem achieving the A2's.
Reply 16
yosrush
6 higher As AND 3 As at AH? Now that's just taking taking the piss :p:

i did 5 highers in 5th year and 3AHs and a higher in 6th.. :P

Latest