The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

floramay
What? Grow more 'balls' just because he want's to keep himself to himself. I can see where he is coming from. :nah:

noo noo if it was only that he was quiet all would be fine...
but he waits 6 weeks leaves washing over night (we had a rota) then when we went to ask why he goes "i know what youv come about"
"ok so why havent you done it?"
"because i havent used it i dont see why i should"
which would of been fair enough if he had said it when we asked if everyone was ok with the rotal, which we had only got because he wasnt pulling his weight, but waiting 6 weeks then just leaving it all, he was fine with us doing his though...!!!

Sagittarius_GBR

Try housemates that have parties all the time and leave the kitchen a tip constantly. And never clean.

A mute is a blessing.

the party part we didnt have ... the not cleaning we did have, his reak of fish... we do have... why he cant wipe the side when he spills stuff i dont know...
he goes out gets drunk every night (even on his own if noone he knows is going out, or latches on to people other people know :s-smilie:)
and he reckons he had a 3 sum in his room with 2 nurses:s-smilie: (lies) but still... eeww!
x
Reply 21
I stand corrected. I thought this person lived in neighbouring acommodation. I would make strong suggestions that your housemate found somewhere more suitable to his 'slothish' habits. you deserve better, sorry. :o:
Reply 22
About 20 mins ago, some other flatmate went in his room and the music turned down. I could hear this little prick say something like "he's the only one who complained", which I guess was a reference to me, although I don't know how he knows it was me. :s-smilie:

At least I know now that he's doing it deliberately.

Kinda proves my point though, doesn't it? Can't believe people like this exist at university level, especially the kind of subject he's studying (finance).

I also heard the flat below us knock on their ceiling in between songs, so you can imagine how loud it has been.
Reply 23
she
Call security anonymously.

By the sounds of it, they'd know who called security by what the OP has said so far. :yep:
Reply 24
Anonymous
About 20 mins ago, some other flatmate went in his room and the music turned down. I could hear this little prick say something like "he's the only one who complained", which I guess was a reference to me, although I don't know how he knows it was me. :s-smilie:

Kinda proves my point though, doesn't it? Can't believe people like this exist at university level, especially the kind of subject he's studying (finance).

I also heard the flat below us knock on their ceiling in between songs, so you can imagine how loud it has been.

this situation is starting to seem really familiar :biggrin: :biggrin:
if you dont mind, what uni do you go to??
Reply 25
Sparxy
By the sounds of it, they'd know who called security by what the OP has said so far. :yep:

Well, he could claim he's from another flat/house/section :biggrin:
Reply 26
He will not get evicted for playing music too loud. Dream on, he would have to violate the rules so many times to get evicted. Do you think the landlord will want to lose out on his rent and possibly others just because one person is complaining? The same person who will sit in there room and still pay their rent no matter what as they are obviously too spineless to go and talk to someone.

You, my friend need a reality check. Big time.
People like that exist at any level unfortunately.
Reply 28
Anonymous

Shhhhh-ut the **** up.
Reply 29
I know dick heads at university who think it is acceptable to bounce basket balls at 12.30 at night so i can hear them. Dont worry about it.
Lol, you don't live in the real world, luv.

1. I have found that age at university does not matter. If you are older than him, he will not give a flying rat's arse, so perhaps you should be a little less up your own.
2. Fresher's Week is always loud. Welcome to student life.
3. They will not evict him for being loud, because if they did that for every student, we would have an awful lot of homeless students.
4. Grow up, and act like an adult about the situation. Just explain that the music is too loud, and there are other people to consider in the flat. Don't go and be all juvenile, telling tales to security, until you've actually ASKED him. It's a very backstabbing, immature thing to do.
"Little prick" isn't as insulting as you think... esecially when you overuse it.

I play my music pretty loud most of the time, but yeah at night time people need to turn their stuff down. I'm not in halls this year but last year I was somewhat respectful, even though I'd embrace a few of my flatmates' homicide.
Reply 32
smellslikemarmite
Lol, you don't live in the real world, luv.

4. Grow up, and act like an adult about the situation. Just explain that the music is too loud, and there are other people to consider in the flat. Don't go and be all juvenile, telling tales to security, until you've actually ASKED him. It's a very backstabbing, immature thing to do.

Nobody else cares about the music in the flat, because they are all his friends. Did I not explain this earlier? My opinion is worthless in the flat and I will always be a lone voice. Calling Security is the only option, and he has it coming.
Reply 33
;(
Reply 34
Mr Otter
Shhhhh-ut the **** up.

What are you on about? I suppose you're a cretinous layabout too are you? You two are made for one another, go crack your eardrums listening to garage music, see who cares.
Reply 35
Anonymous
What are you on about? I suppose you're a cretinous layabout too are you? You two are made for one another, go crack your eardrums listening to garage music, see who cares.

What a thing to infer from such a simple remark.

Although I can, perhaps, see where your flatmates are coming from when you're so quick to judge and make these offhand, thoughtless, insiduous remarks.

My analysis: The guy was probably doing it to incite a reaction. Goal achieved. Well done. You've played into his hands.

Here's a solution which will probably make everybody happy. Move out!
It sounds like you're unhappy, with everything ever, and it sounds like they hate you.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. Stop being a little kid. "They won't give lip because I'm older"?

I used to subscribe to such ideologies but then I turned 12.
Reply 36
Mr Otter
What a thing to infer from such a simple remark.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. Stop being a little kid. "They won't give lip because I'm older"?

I used to subscribe to such ideologies but then I turned 12.

The guy hasn't got the balls to give me lip, and I don't respect him because of it. He's the type of guy who will badmouth me behind my back to all the other flatmates, yet if I go up to him (for a laugh just to prove my point) and ask to borrow some food he will say "yeah of course", probably ******** himself.
Reply 37
That's nice.

And I suppose you're the type to go straight to his face and tell him exactly how you feel in unequivocal terms?

OOPS! You're currently posting some sort of grumbly ramble, about how you're going to 'tell on him', anonymously on an internet forum.

Crickey, a man like yourself is all confrontation. Just make sure you don't get a restraining order sir.
call him out show him who's the man rawr
Reply 39
Mr Otter
That's nice.

And I suppose you're the type to go straight to his face and tell him exactly how you feel in unequivocal terms?

OOPS! You're currently posting some sort of grumbly ramble, about how you're going to 'tell on him', anonymously on an internet forum.

Crickey, a man like yourself is all confrontation. Just make sure you don't get a restraining order sir.

Been there, done that. Bought the T-Shirt. My OP was a general complaint, not a cry for advice, and had nothing to do with my personal confrontations of him of the past, present of future. I was just stating that he has used up his chances with me so I was going to call Security (which I have).

Latest