The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nina
Of course your application will be considered.

But in my PS I had promised to take the Oct-Nov 2008 A-Level exams. However I was unable to do so as I was ill.

What must I do now?
Reply 21
alexmahone
What must I do now?

I'd contact them and explain the situation if I were you.
Yep I agree with BJack.

I didnt know there were exams then - I thought they were only january and june?
Reply 23
CIE has an October/November session instead of a January session.
Reply 24
Zhen Lin
CIE has an October/November session instead of a January session.

I missed the October/November session.
Reply 25
OP - Alex get your first year at Univ or IBs done in India - which are somewhat equivalent to A levels in UK then apply. There are loads of students in Oxbridge from outside UK who do not do A levels - just for your info. A level is not the only criteria .. Write to the college - they will guide you. good luck
Reply 26
rnshan
OP - Alex get your first year at Univ or IBs done in India - which are somewhat equivalent to A levels in UK then apply. There are loads of students in Oxbridge from outside UK who do not do A levels - just for your info. A level is not the only criteria .. Write to the college - they will guide you. good luck

Thank you! :smile:
alexmahone
Yes.

Kind of. Anyway, it would be pointless to write the A-levels and then get rejected by Cambridge, right?

You do realise that is a possibility... right?
Reply 28
Pinapse The Synapse
You do realise that is a possibility... right?

Which is one of the reasons I'm not writing my A levels until the interview results. Good decision, right?
Not really, becasue your AS level results, if you had them, would help them to decided whether to give you an offer. I'm not sure what they do if you don't have any.
Reply 30
fumblewomble
Not really, becasue your AS level results, if you had them, would help them to decided whether to give you an offer. I'm not sure what they do if you don't have any.

But I have fairly good results in my Indian school exams (only 1 B). Which means I'll get an interview call, right?

PS: I have chronic insomnia of which I have already informed Cambridge.
Reply 31
It's so late in India right now, it's early!
wow, sucks to be you, lol, why are you applying to cambridge again?
Reply 33
SouthernFreerider
wow, sucks to be you, lol, why are you applying to cambridge again?

This is my first application to Cambridge!
Reply 34
RNQ
It's so late in India right now, it's early!

What do you mean?
alexmahone
But I have fairly good results in my Indian school exams (only 1 B). Which means I'll get an interview call, right?

PS: I have chronic insomnia of which I have already informed Cambridge.

But you have already been told that your grades are insufficient for Cambridge.
Reply 36
Nina
But you have already been told that your grades are insufficient for Cambridge.

Are you referring to my single B grade, or the fact that I haven't taken A levels?

If it is the former, I can't do anything about it but explain my health problem to them.

If it is the latter, I will write the A level exams if (and only if) I'm successful in the interview.
Reply 37
alexmahone
What do you mean?

I meant that at the time of writing, it must have been very late in India (time difference is like 6.5 hours now from here), so late that in fact it was early in the next day!

Anyway, I guess that makes sense, but you should contact your college and find out if it's okay to do that.
You clearly don't understand a word I'm saying.
Reply 39
Nina
You clearly don't understand a word I'm saying.

What OP is trying tro say is that if he gets an offer (not sure why his qualifications are insufficient), the he will do the A levels to meet the conditions if needed.

Latest

Trending

Trending