The Student Room Group

Rolex Watches

Scroll to see replies

One of my life's missons is to own a Rolex watch. :u:
i know a guy with a case of watches must be about 50 the cheapest on is a 1917 18ct gold trench style longines the best is a .950 and diamond smothered rolex daydate the collection is insured for £300,000

and i have a great love for watches i have 1 of my dream pieces and just need the other 11
1 cartier
1 tag heuer
1 harry winston
1 breitling
1 patek phillippe
and 6 different rolexes from stainless steel to full platinum
Reply 102
Original post by jamesthehustler
i know a guy with a case of watches must be about 50 the cheapest on is a 1917 18ct gold trench style longines the best is a .950 and diamond smothered rolex daydate the collection is insured for £300,000

and i have a great love for watches i have 1 of my dream pieces and just need the other 11
1 cartier
1 tag heuer
1 harry winston
1 breitling
1 patek phillippe
and 6 different rolexes from stainless steel to full platinum

I lost my watch a few months ago and decided that, instead of getting just any old replacement, I would wait to buy something a bit more special.

I'm into vintage Rolex and Longines. I have my eye on a WWII era Luftwaffe issue Longines and a number of Rolex Bubblebacks from the 40's. I have a budget of $5 or $6k
Original post by pinkpont
Overpriced and overhyped? Magnificent pieces of engineering?

All of the above.
Original post by Redemption
Idiots and fashion victims be noted: As a white male, you are only allowed two pieces of "bling", or jewellery. One is an engagement ring (AND NO OTHER RING), the other is a watch. So choose bloody well.

Since when do men wear engagement rings???
just look on ebay and you can find some great pieces this is an examplehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Vintage-Patek-Phillippe-Calatrava-18k-Yellow-Gold-/231763535240?hash=item35f62ee588:g:l2AAAOSwgyxWVHqo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LADIES-SOLID-GOLD-ROLEX-WATCH-OYSTER-PERPETUAL-/391315346058?hash=item5b1c36528a:g:AAIAAOxyYANTYQLf
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Longines-Vintage-Watch-SOLID-14K-White-Gold-w-Diamond-Bezel-/252163665163?hash=item3ab6202d0b:g:colone:AEAAOSw7aBVDET~
Original post by Howard
I lost my watch a few months ago and decided that, instead of getting just any old replacement, I would wait to buy something a bit more special.

I'm into vintage Rolex and Longines. I have my eye on a WWII era Luftwaffe issue Longines and a number of Rolex Bubblebacks from the 40's. I have a budget of $5 or $6k
****ing hell - 7 years ago called, they want their thread back.
As with all expensive watches you're really just paying for the name. My submariner has gone wrong ****ing loads of times, so I only ever wear it to fancy occasions, my relatively cheap citizen eco drive has never broke, despite being worn daily, it's survived many falling off of things and being knocked into and still isn't scratched
Original post by Explorerthumb
One of my life's missons is to own a Rolex watch. :u:

Seriously, how do you even find these 7 year old threads?

Quick Reply

Latest