Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My head hurts when i chew, what could it be?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am really worried about this a few days ago i slept near a mobile it was turned on and very close to my head. Now i'm experiencing moderate pains on the right side of my head, could it be due to the radiation of the mobile? Could it be the sign of early brain tumor (god forbid). It mainly hurts when i chew on food so eating feels unpleasant. I am wearing a brace and recently started to use bands could it be because of this reason?

two days ago it was both sides of my head now it is just the right. I'm really worried i don't know whether i should see a doc.

If someone has ever experienced symptoms as the above then please do say so i can be relieved.

Thank you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uh, no.

It's probably to do with the braces.

Lol, brain tumour.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Must be the braces, I had pain at the sides of my head when I had them. Can't be for sleeping next to the phone for one night only..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your fine, the worry about mobile phone radiation and health problems is due to the fact that mobile phones emit a trace amount of microwaves, these microwaves are absorbed by water, giving them more energy,(how microwaves cook food) and our brain is 70% water.But these have not been proven so do not worry! and having suffered the torments of braces i can tell you it is the braces, but the pain will subside soon.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I would assume it's the braces, don't panic about the mobile phone thing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcseangel)
    I am really worried about this a few days ago i slept near a mobile it was turned on and very close to my head. Now i'm experiencing moderate pains on the right side of my head, could it be due to the radiation of the mobile? Could it be the sign of early brain tumor (god forbid). It mainly hurts when i chew on food so eating feels unpleasant. I am wearing a brace and recently started to use bands could it be because of this reason?

two days ago it was both sides of my head now it is just the right. I'm really worried i don't know whether i should see a doc.

If someone has ever experienced symptoms as the above then please do say so i can be relieved.

Thank you.
    Seriously OP don't worry about this kind of thing. I've had exactly the same, I don't think it's that rare. You get into a mode where you start just wondering something (like whether you've got cancer), then you start actually believing it, then everything that happens you see as evidence that it's true.

The chances of it being the case are so ridiculously small for someone of your age. It's just ridiculously rare. And what I can tell you for SURE is that the phone wouldn't ever cause that in one overnight. That really is just not even possible. The amount of radiation actually penetrating your skull and affecting the cells. The phone wouldn't even have been doing anything. Just well...just no. Not going to happen. If you taped a phone to your head for like 3 years it might start to have an impact.

Just don't worry about it. Seriously, it'll just ruin your week, nothing more. You've got all these other people who've had braces saying they've experienced the same thing, so your question is solved

Peace and Love xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, since there's no conclusive evidence at all stating that you can get tumours from mobile phones (and some people sleep next to them with them on for years and years, some use them to call people all day long), I think it's safe to say you wont have got it from sleeping next to one for one night.

Also, braces are notorious for causing pain. In your jaw, head, throat... it will settle down. Chill out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I think you're being a hypochondriac. It's like the time that poster said they're worried they've caused brain damage from a single spliff =/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Elastics hurt like ****, so it's probably just them.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2008
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.