The Student Room Group

Medical issues/news...

Hello,

I am a frequent reader of New Scientist and also check out the student BMJ articles when the new ones come out, however I was wondering if anyone knew some good places to read around for stuff that may prop up in an interview?

I have also been looking around to read about medical ethics as debatable questions may prop up in an interview. Does anyone know sites to read up on opinions and stuff?

I also read the latest health news but there is so much, I don't know what an interview panel may ask on.

I am just trying to prepare myself for any possible interviews and to further my knowledge :smile:

Thanls
I'm also in the same boat as you. I would certainly read about assisted suicide as that has been in the news recently (rugby player and patient with MS).
Reply 2
bbc health on the website.
Reply 3
Just read a decent paper and watch the news. Nobody wants you to go into much greater depth.
Reply 4
Probably best to know vaguely what's going on with the health service atm.
Reply 5
theredsox
Probably best to know vaguely what's going on with the health service atm.

This is the kind of info I want to read about but am not sure where to look.. I have done countless searches in Google but not found any NHS issues and stuff.. :frown: I know there are issues on a variety of topics..
Reply 6
Danielisew
I have done countless searches in Google but not found any NHS issues and stuff.. :frown:
Rubbish. 10 seconds and I have ten.

http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&q=NHS&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn
Reply 7
No need to get angry. I understand you're an angry medic though :P I never thought of doing a news search..thanks for the hint :smile:
Reply 8
Danielisew
No need to get angry. I understand you're an angry medic though :P I never thought of doing a news search..thanks for the hint :smile:

I don't think he was getting angry but lol at your comment :p:
Reply 9
Sanjetti
I don't think he was getting angry but lol at your comment :p:

lol reading back, it sounds a bit sarcastic .. but seriously I totally forgot about google news :smile: I only tried BBC and stuff so I do thank him xD

Latest

Trending

Trending