The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been told that they don't for prospective applicants, however the guy at Cambridge said they occaisionally have after a party when things have gone missing.
Reply 41
if u dont want the uni's to see ur profiles on facebook, myspace etc, just set ur profiles to private. unless u add them as a friend they wont be able to see your profile.
Reply 42
They had better check them! Otherwise the conversation I had via facebook about the merits of proof by contradiction and whether maths is better than philosophy was pointless! :rolleyes:

Me? A geek? Never...
Trust me they do! They don't only just type your name in, if they fail because of privacy settings they are willing to hack in despite it being illegal with some ip adress computer trick. Dont be a fool and think universities are all angel like people coz when it comes to choosing students this ways a lot more interesting then simply looking at crappy boring personal statements that are probably all too similar! I warn u all!
Reply 44
MedicalNinja
Trust me they do! They don't only just type your name in, if they fail because of privacy settings they are willing to hack in despite it being illegal with some ip adress computer trick. Dont be a fool and think universities are all angel like people coz when it comes to choosing students this ways a lot more interesting then simply looking at crappy boring personal statements that are probably all too similar! I warn u all!

I don't think university staff are all 'angel-like people'. However, I think they are above all busy people, especially during the time of the year when they're dealing with admissions, so I seriously doubt they'd want to waste hours upon hours googling the names of a few thousand applicants.:s-smilie:

Anyway, this thread is well over a year old. I think we should let it rest in peace rather than resurrect the paranoia.
Reply 45
Oh they should. I come across as the perfect student on my fb XD

Latest

Trending

Trending