The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hm..

Come on, don't worry about it. :smile:

Firstly, you got offer from Kings, so clearly its damage is limited.

Secondly, if you and your tutors overlooked it, big chance lots of other people reading it would to.

It's gone, get over it, and will have very minimal effect - you are a human, and we make mistakes, I'm sure they'll understand.
Reply 2
Could you put it into context? If you've already got an offer, it surely can't be too disastrous.
Reply 3
"At ... hospital I witnessed a surgeon remove replace the burnt, inelastic skin of a burns victim and ...."
Reply 4
1. You got an offer
2. It shows you care enough to edit and annotate your personal statement
3. Blame the teachers
Reply 5
It hopefully won't be too disastrous. If the rest of your application is solid I would hope that they would over look it as it isn't exactly a huge error. I had mins instead of minutes written in one of mine and it didn't to me any harm. I know that this sort of time is really tense as there isn't a huge amount that you can do other than wait but try not to let this get you stressed.
Reply 6
Tom4510
"At ... hospital I witnessed a surgeon remove replace the burnt, inelastic skin of a burns victim and ...."

Oh, that's hardly a huge error. I thought you'd accidentally left in some annotations.
Tom4510
Only a month and a half after sending my application off, and getting an offer at kings for biomedical sciences have a noticed I've written "...remove replace..." on my Personal statement. I checked this thing a thousand times, as well as getting a green flag from my form tutor and head of sixth form who's an english teacher.

Are my chances now zero or will they look around this?

ahh im so stupid!

Atleast u didnt write 2 weeks, when it was a week of wrk experience. We all make mistakes...Im just hoping st geroges doesnt grill me over this.
I personally wouldn't look too harshly on it. People make mistakes, they're human. Obviously you don't want careless doctors, but on the scale of things this is quite minor.

just don't worry about it, it's out of your hands now. So long as the rest of the content is positive you should be fine.
Reply 9
SilentGirl
Atleast u didnt write 2 weeks, when it was a week of wrk experience. We all make mistakes...Im just hoping st geroges doesnt grill me over this.

haha i saw your post here and thought it was me that posted cos of the picture.:rolleyes:

SilentGirl
people spend a shockingly small amount of time reading personal statements. if they notice, they'll probably not judge to harshly, but they probably wont even notice.
Reply 11
I dont think they will even notice it!
Hey you got an offer from Kings!!! one of the best unis in world.
Reply 12
Thanks everyone for the replies!

Just a matter of waiting now.
jabed786
I dont think they will even notice it!
Hey you got an offer from Kings!!! one of the best unis in world.

er...??
Reply 14
er...??

why the 'er...-ing'?
Kings is a good uni.
Reply 15
jabed786
why the 'er...-ing'?
Kings is a good uni.

I'd give an arm and a leg to study there! I love london and the uni is great... :yep:
Reply 16

I'd give an arm and a leg to study there! I love london and the uni is great...

me too! the uni looks so good and the city is amazing.
Annaconda
haha i saw your post here and thought it was me that posted cos of the picture.:rolleyes:

I had me there for a second... hehe :rolleyes:
Reply 18
OP - if it makes you feel better, even having read your first post I had to re-read that sentence before I noticed what was wrong with it :smile:
Reply 19
Yea me too.. haha it reads quite smoothly actually, don't worry about it, really! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending