The Student Room Group

chi squared.. expected values correct?!!!

Almost done my coursework!!.. iv worked chi squared to every extent I can imagine with every possible bit that I was unsure of.. I got a bunch of calculations that all work given that I use the expected values that I am using.. heres the issue though, how do you properly calculate expected values? (Iv done this in biology but that was easier coz we simply use gene distribution tables, andalways get a 9.3.3.1 ratio,, or we simply divide the totale by N).. but psych is diffirent...
I am at trouble because:

I have 5 groups (5 age margins ranging from 21-25 to 41-45) and they all have a total of 12 individuals.. I have a "seeking resources" and a "not seeking resources" column as this is how they were identified.. I was left with 20 in the seeking and 40 in the not seeking.. now problem is if I use a contigency table I get ten cells A-J, and the E values look really weird (because there is a 12 in each row, and the column is either 20 or 40):

E=
cell
A=4
B=8
C=4
D=8
E=4
F=8
G=4
H=8
I=4
J=8

^that doesnt look right to me, although I cant find anything to invalidate it...

its all gahhhhh!!! :P lol

ALLL help is a godsend!!

(cant wait till I get this out the way I can start concentrating on the fun information and not freakin coursework!! :frown: )

Latest

Trending

Trending