The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8620
apparently bristol economics is full of wannabe bankers so it can't be bad
Reply 8621
at the moment i'm going there next year, its just i got 3a*'s and could potentially have a gap year and reapply
Cardiff University
Degree in Politics

Is this good enough?
Original post by NGC773
Cardiff University
Degree in Politics

Is this good enough?

Not for front office at top tier.
Mathematics at Nottingham, can do a masters elsewhere. Chances? slightly missed warwick offer :frown:
Original post by Troll the Trolls
Mathematics at Nottingham, can do a masters elsewhere. Chances? slightly missed warwick offer :frown:

Maths at Notts is fine. You won't need a masters if you do well and get involved at Nottingham. Plenty of Nottingham people around and in front office.
Original post by gammawharf
Maths at Notts is fine. You won't need a masters if you do well and get involved at Nottingham. Plenty of Nottingham people around and in front office.

I may be able to change to Economics at nottingham, if i could would that put me at a better/worse chance? Iv got the qualifications for it etc. so if theres space i think id be allowed to change.
Original post by gammawharf
Not for front office at top tier.

Thank you. Not even if I get a first with insight weeks/internship?
I'm not particularly interested in banking. I'm just interested to know whether a Law degree is relevant to a profession like this?
I may be able to change to Economics at nottingham, if i could would that put me at a better/worse chance?

Technically, it shouldn't. But in practice I think it might. It's not like econ will teach you anything strictly related to the job, but Notts has more of a rep for econ, and at all ACs and internships I haven't seen a Notts student who was non-econ
Original post by ManagerMP
Technically, it shouldn't. But in practice I think it might. It's not like econ will teach you anything strictly related to the job, but Notts has more of a rep for econ, and at all ACs and internships I haven't seen a Notts student who was non-econ

hmm thanks il see if they have any spaces. Do u kno if economics has a lot of maths at nottingham?
Original post by NGC773
Thank you. Not even if I get a first with insight weeks/internship?

It'll be hard getting those to begin with. By all means try, but don't get hopes up terribly. If you score those, you should be able to bag the grad job from inside.
hmm thanks il see if they have any spaces. Do u kno if economics has a lot of maths at nottingham?

As with any economics course, it depends on the options you choose. You could make it very quantitative if you wish (will work better for you since it's maths without proofs, so will be easy)
LSE - BSc Management
Warwick - BSc Management
UCL - BSc Statistics and Management for Business
UCL - MSci Information Management for Business

Are these schools good enough for IBD? Looking at banks like Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers.
Reply 8634
Original post by Extensity
LSE - BSc Management
Warwick - BSc Management

Are these schools good enough for IBD? Looking at banks like Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers.

Err...
Original post by Tateco
Err...

Errrrrrr what?
Reply 8636
Errrrrrr what?

I'm not sure whether Lehman Brothers are taking on any graduates anytime soon, but you never know, try emailing them.
Original post by Tateco
I'm not sure whether Lehman Brothers are taking on any graduates anytime soon, but you never know, try emailing them.

I just watched a documentary on when/why they went bankrupt too.

I just copy/pasted what was on another page.

Can you comment on the other banks?
LSE - BSc Management
Warwick - BSc Management

The fact you have put down LB means that no matter what uni you go to you haven't got a chance in hell. Goodnight sunshine!!!
Reply 8639
I just watched a documentary on when/why they went bankrupt too.

I just copy/pasted what was on another page.

Can you comment on the other banks?

And yet you still want to go and work for them. Nice.

Why did they go bankrupt in your opinion? Those courses are fine, but they can't sit interviews for you.

Latest

Trending

Trending