The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MiriamJ
Yeah it is, pretty near Opal 2. Whereabouts are you?
And yeah the loada injections and blood testing isn't gonna be much fun lol, but hopefully won't take too long! Think they'll do it after we start lectures?

Well ive booked a room opal 3 but I havent heard anything back from them and its been a week im starting to get worried now
Reply 421
foundintransmission
I'm far from organised, I'm proper brickin it for uni haha. Yeah I have some stuff too, just kinda goes through a couple of basics, I wanna try and know that before I go :smile: Worrying at the cost of 200 though, I can't afford that atm. Maybe when my bursary comes through, but I only will get around 500 in that, so I don't wanna spend it all straight away.
Yes I am on fb. http://www.facebook.com/foundintransmission
I had an account on yougo, but when I made mine there was like no orthoptists on there haha, I may go on and check! Thanks.
ED: I just had a look, can't really find any? Odd Sheff ones? Am I not looking in the right place? :smile:

Hey..lol yeah i know what u mean..im getting really nervous n stuff 4 uni now!..and yeah knowing the basics is good..just incase the lecturer feels like randomley asking questions! lol. And yeah omg I can't afford the books or anything either..i was just looking at jobs aswell!...im funding for myself so gotta wait 4 my bursary!
I've added u on facebook =) . and yeah on yougo..wen u sign in click on "find people doing orthoptics" or something...that would list people doing orthoptics (but make sure in ur settings uve put down ur doing orthoptics in liverpool) that should work =S x
Aisha_
Hey..lol yeah i know what u mean..im getting really nervous n stuff 4 uni now!..and yeah knowing the basics is good..just incase the lecturer feels like randomley asking questions! lol. And yeah omg I can't afford the books or anything either..i was just looking at jobs aswell!...im funding for myself so gotta wait 4 my bursary!
I've added u on facebook =) . and yeah on yougo..wen u sign in click on "find people doing orthoptics" or something...that would list people doing orthoptics (but make sure in ur settings uve put down ur doing orthoptics in liverpool) that should work =S x

Well I suppose thats the good thing about me not moving away, I can keep my job and stuff! :p:
And I'll have a look, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 423
Chocolate_Cupcake
Well ive booked a room opal 3 but I havent heard anything back from them and its been a week im starting to get worried now

Ah don't know much about that... it's new isn't it? Maybe things are running late for Opal 3 people, you tried ringing up at all? Think the latest uni correspondence said you shoulda heard from accommodation by now, might be worth chasing it up x
Reply 424
Hey has anyone done financial registration for liverpool cause am not sure if i have to do it since on some pages it says i don't have to produce a sponsor letter and some do am confused?
Reply 425
shingy
Hey has anyone done financial registration for liverpool cause am not sure if i have to do it since on some pages it says i don't have to produce a sponsor letter and some do am confused?

Hey is that the online registration? I just wrote in the box NHS will be paying my tuition fees =| and the sponser stuff i just ignored :biggrin:
Reply 426
Yes av done that one there is another one that says paying fees, below the online registration i was just wondering if i have to fill that out since it says on the stuff they sent me to register. This is annoying think am just gonna email them thanks anyway
Reply 427
Wooo, its nice to have the internet back! How is everyone?

Ive still not had anything from bursary people yet! argh

Are youtalking about spending £200 on books btw?! seriously dont, the library has plenty, would be a massive waste of money. Plus, some of the books they tell you to buy at the start you will never use. When i first started they told us all to go out and buy these three books. One of them is really old and thumbed now cause i used it to death, the other two i swear ive opned once at the most! the library is your friend! haha

Im still confused about tuition fees tho, do we literaly do nothing!? or are we supposed to have recieved a letter that we show at registration? confuuuuuuuuuusing! Less than a week now peoples!

Bet your all heading for the silent disco at the guild on monday? Ive never been to a silent disco, not sure if im going there or just to town yet! but we should all get together i recks! woo!
=]
Kiyoko
Bet your all heading for the silent disco at the guild on monday? Ive never been to a silent disco, not sure if im going there or just to town yet! but we should all get together i recks! woo!
=]

I second this notion! I really wanted to go the Silent Disco at leeds festival but I didn't get chance. I'd love to go this one =] **** knows how I'll get home, but I'm sure that if there's a will there's a way! :biggrin: :p:

Either way, we should definitely meet before we start. :smile:
Reply 429
good plan guys orthoptics 2009 woooo
Reply 430
Hey everyone..for all those doing Orthoptics in Liverpool Uni 09... join this facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?customize&gid=139851555869#/group.php?gid=139851555869

p.s Im confused about tuition fee's too =|
Reply 431
Kiyoko
Wooo, its nice to have the internet back! How is everyone?

Ive still not had anything from bursary people yet! argh

Are youtalking about spending £200 on books btw?! seriously dont, the library has plenty, would be a massive waste of money. Plus, some of the books they tell you to buy at the start you will never use. When i first started they told us all to go out and buy these three books. One of them is really old and thumbed now cause i used it to death, the other two i swear ive opned once at the most! the library is your friend! haha

Im still confused about tuition fees tho, do we literaly do nothing!? or are we supposed to have recieved a letter that we show at registration? confuuuuuuuuuusing! Less than a week now peoples!

=]

I was confused too! and then I sent an email through 2 Orthoptics department to ask them about tuition fees etc...I got a call today saying we don't need to worry..in the online registration part we just write NHS (or DoH) will be paying for the fees..and thats all!! x
Reply 432
good work thanks
Reply 433
Heya, just wondering how people are doing? Is it Freshers week at Liverpool too?
Hope you're all having fun :smile: x
I just thought I'd post on here seeing as I haven't in months. Hoping the Sheffield lot are all well and good, have you been on placement yet?
I was just searching for this thread, and I stumbled across, this years orthoptics applicants thread! :p: made me feel dead old! I too remember stressing haha. It's a bit surreal really :p:
Anyways, yep! :p:
Reply 435
Hey there, how exciting to have a reply to this thread again! Hehe, does feel like an age since we were stressing over it all :P
At Sheffield we've been on a week placement, in November, and are going back to the same place for a fortnight in March. And the course is going good, people seem to be enjoying it and we all get on really well :smile: Exams soon though...
How about Liverpool? Guess you have some exams in January too? And how were placements?
Reply 436
Hey,
I was just on google researchin orthoptics and came across this, so i was just wondering if you guys have any good tips for me.
I want to apply for this course really badly, and will start my applications in sept,, im only in year 12 atm.
Also anyone know any information about the compact scheme at sheffield university?
I really want to get on and be able to spend a day in the orthoptics dept and see what its like.
:smile:
Reply 437
Hi Jazz.

Im in the first year at Liverpool after doing another degree at Liverpool previously. My advice would be visit both unis, spend a day (or even just an afternoon, thats all i did) in a department and have a chat to other people on here! Email or ring your local department, most are teaching hospitals anyway and shouldn't have any problem with you coming in to have a look around.

My only warning would be that health science degrees are not at all like other degrees and though you may hear people say that first year is an easy ride, this course definitely isn't! Its a lot of hard work right from the word go but as long as your willing to put in the effort and time and you enjoy what your studying you'll be fine! Its a really interesting subject and i know that at Liverpool its pretty hands on from the very begging as well so im sure you'll love it!

:smile:

Latest