Manchester
Reply 1
you have a decent chance i think
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
What subject are you applying for?

And I'm sure you'll be fine, just make sure your personal statement's good and they're sure to want you. :biggrin::yep:
Reply 3
Maybe explain this in your statement? Or ask your referee to? But I'm not sure exactly how they'd find out though unless your college tells them?
I don't think it matters about being excluded. I apparently punched someone and got excluded for like a week, when she pushed me . But I got in at 50% of my choices last year. And I've got a place already this year! :smile:
Reply 5
Don't worry, you'll get used to them in a few weeks! Luckily living in the Midlands I'm used to most accents. :biggrin: Nottingham doesn't really have that much of an accent. :yep:
Ratsr
I need to go up north for university for personal reasons, but having a form of dyslexia (very mild) I have problems understanding different accents, coming from London, this is not a problem as I'm exposed to pretty much every accent under the sun- except northern accents, I can't understand them at all and it will effect my learning so much.
No matter what uni you go to, you'll come across so many different accents. I wouldn't base your choices around this, as you'll meet and speak to people from all over the country.
Reply 7
alirox
you have a decent chance i think

woh 10 o levels is crazy . . i honestly found O levels to be more work than AS :tongue:
Ratsr
Ya I know, but for the first 4 months, if I go to a city like Liverpool I won't learn a thing. I'll be socially (sp?) isolated as I have to ask people none stop to repeat what they said. I know people from all over the country go to all sorts of universities but I'll be a lot better off going to a place like manchester. But you're right I know. UCAS and choices are much harder than I'd thought It'll be, plus I have no one to talk to about universities and stuff.
I was at uni in Manchester, and for the first year or so, I'm totally serious, I probably met about 5 people actually from Manchester. So I seriously wouldn't put Manchester as a choice, purely on the basis that you understand their accents.
I got to do Law with Criminology with BBC at A-Level

I'm a first year
Reply 10
LozengeC
Don't worry, you'll get used to them in a few weeks! Luckily living in the Midlands I'm used to most accents. :biggrin: Nottingham doesn't really have that much of an accent. :yep:

I'm from the midlands too! Its not that great..but none of us have an accent, we just appear posh to everyone else!!
Reply 11
tomtom:)
I'm from the midlands too! Its not that great..but none of us have an accent, we just appear posh to everyone else!!

I like the East Midlands, the East Midlands is awesome!!! :yep: And I find it funny when I go somewhere and no one can tell where I'm from. :p:
Reply 12
LozengeC
I like the East Midlands, the East Midlands is awesome!!! :yep: And I find it funny when I go somewhere and no one can tell where I'm from. :p:

No, It's all about the WEST MIDLANDS!! :biggrin: :p:
Reply 13
tomtom:)
No, It's all about the WEST MIDLANDS!! :biggrin: :p:

:eek: How can you possibly say that? We have Robin Hood!!! And Robert Lindsey from My Family, and loadsa stuff. :p::yep::biggrin:
Reply 14
LozengeC
:eek: How can you possibly say that? We have Robin Hood!!! And Robert Lindsey from My Family, and loadsa stuff. :p::yep::biggrin:

Well...we have birmingham,..don't we :s-smilie: lol! Robin hood, although uber cool isn't real :p: :p:
Reply 15
He was real, and we have an extremely famous haunted pub in Derby, the oldest pub in the world (or was it the UK?), 2 world renowned hospitals for medicine, and we don't have an accent most people dislike which is always a bonus. :smile::top:
Don't worry about accents -- we have many more Southerners than Northeners here anyway! And few lecturers at most universities tend to have strong accents.

Latest

Trending

Trending