The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
oh ok thank you anyway! where are you doing your degree too?
Reply 61
jbear
oh ok thank you anyway! where are you doing your degree too?

leeds met, u applied there?
Reply 62
nope i didnt actually. i have applied to Cardiff, Nottingham, Liverpool, Brighton and plymouth and had two offers and an interview so far so going good :smile:
Reply 63
im so glad to hear thats kings dont do an interview but they're talking too long to reply, im guessing it'll be a no :frown:
i do have a group interview though at hertforshire this month, really worried now. how are group interviews because i really want to get a place there =]
Reply 64
Hiya to all the waiters (and waitresses) :smile:

I've got an interview at one uni, waiting to hear from three, but Liverpool turned me down because I 'showed too little knowledge of the profession' in my personal statement. It's a funny ol' thing isn't it, you'd have thought they'd rather know about you than read stuff about the profession anyone can copy off the internet..
Reply 65
I applied to 3 physiotherapy schools, I got; 1 offer, 1 interview and 1 rejection. My offer was conditional, I have to achieve a C in any Higher! That's in QMU.
This may seem like an idiotic question, but what on earth do you wear to a physio interview???

I have an interview at Liverpool on wednesday :s:/??

Thanks
Reply 67
I found smart/ casual was usually appropriate in my previous uni interviews. There's no need for a suit, and they want you to be comfortable, but don't look scruffy!

So far I've got 2 interviews (Man Met and SGUL), 2 rejections (Cardiff and Birmingham) and 1 sitting on the fence (UWE). This whole waiting game is so unnerving!!
Reply 68
i have an interview at liverpool on wednesday aswell! i dont really know what to wear either! anyone had an interview there already?
Reply 69
i had one there a couple of weeks ago.. some people wore suits, but they looked pretty uncomfortable! most of us just wore a smart-ish top (blouse for girls, shirt for guys-no tie!) and plain trousers/ skirt. I basically wore the smartest clothes out of the clothes i would wear everyday. As long as its ironed, you'll be ok!
Also, the interview is pretty unconventional, so don't panic about it, because its not something you can really prepare for. Its not really scary or difficult, but actually quite good fun. Good luck!
jbear
i have an interview at liverpool on wednesday aswell! i dont really know what to wear either! anyone had an interview there already?

Good Luck!

I've decided smart/casual... which is the most unhelpful phrase, but just not jeans basically:rolleyes:

I'm really worried about this interview... no idea what to expect :/ Are there any Q's directly to you, or is it literally just a group task? :s

Also have Sheffield Hallam on fri 13th ... scary stuff
Reply 71
Lady Muck (Y)

I'm really worried about this interview... no idea what to expect :/ Are there any Q's directly to you, or is it literally just a group task? :s

at mine, it was just a group task. i was in a group of 5, in a room of about 15 (there were 3 rooms) and we had half an hour, and 4 people watched us with clipboards.. we were in and out really quickly!
we had to build a tower out of straws..which was a disaster, for everyone! i expect you'll do something similar.
Offers: Bristol UWE & Brunel, Interview at St Georges, just waiting on offer/ rejection from them lol. Still havent heard from King's 3 months on, would it be any point in calling them? Anyone applied to St georges?
Oh and btw where is QMU??? Sorry to be dim, never heard of it.
Reply 74
euphoria_18
Offers: Bristol UWE & Brunel, Interview at St Georges, just waiting on offer/ rejection from them lol. Still havent heard from King's 3 months on, would it be any point in calling them? Anyone applied to St georges?

I've applied to St George's. I have an interview next Weds :smile:
Forgot to answer the question in this thread lol!

I have offers from UWE and Oxford Brookes. My 1st choice was Nottingham, but I was rejected :frown: two interviews at Liverpool and Sheffield Hallam.
Reply 76
any offers yet, Euphoria?
woo just put kings down as my firm and liverpool as insurance!! so excited now.
Reply 78
Lady Muck (Y)
Good Luck!

I've decided smart/casual... which is the most unhelpful phrase, but just not jeans basically:rolleyes:

Also have Sheffield Hallam on fri 13th ... scary stuff

thank you! good luck to you too!
i think im just going to wear blouse and smart trousers. Im quite worried too as only had one interview at brighton and that was just talking to a member of staff, a group interview sounds scary to me!

I've got offers from Cardiff, Brighton and plymouth, interview at Liverpool and still havnt heard from Nottingham.
wohooooooooo OFFER from georges! does that answer ur Q iain:P

Latest