The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry Accomodation!

I'm hoping to go to Coventry Uni, and was REEALLLY keen on staying in Raglan House.

I went on to the UNITE website last night, to find that the rooms are almost filled up?

Have fresher's already been given offers and applied for accomodation or is it actually almost filled with 2nd and 3rd years?

Surely this isn't fair. I was hoping this would be my 1st choice.

What are the other decent ensuite halls in Coventry?

Thankkkks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:)x
OP
<CJ>
Trinity Point I believe, expensive though. Sounds like some people are getting their offers now so just make sure you send yours off as soon as you can.

Some 2nd/3rd years stay there but as far as i'm aware the vast majority are still 1st years.

I never realised I could get an offer back as soon as this? I always thought no matter when I sent my UCAS off, I'd always get offers or rejections around March time?

Is this incorrect then?

Thanks anyway :biggrin:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Cov were really quick in giving offers, and Raglan is really popular.
I would also recommend Callice Court (which I believe is en-suite) and Trinity Point (although there are several problems to said accomodation...have a look in the main Cov thread).
A pretty decent run down of all accom. is in the main thread :smile:

*Priory Hall 'til she dies*
Reply 3
I would also reccomend Liberty Park (run by Liberty Living).
It is close to the main clubs in Cov (Lava/Ignite, Carey's...) Right next to the town centre aswell.

The only thing would be that this hall is popular with 2nd and 3rd years... and like callice you do get warwick uni students to.
Reply 4
**** me, people are getting accomodation offers already? Or is that only for the Unite run halls etc?

I hope I hear soon, I sent mine off within 2 days of the advance applications opening! It still says 'awaiting verification' on the accom site.
Reply 5
I applied for Coventry Accommodation within hours of the advance booking site opening. Mine still says being processed etc. not had an offer (it's the most expensive accommodation we looked at). I put trinity point first and raglan second - hadn't seen this site and not yet looked at the problems with Trinity. Hope I get an offer soon. Doing OT
Reply 6
Hey there.I dont know what accomodation to choose! Is there anybody who's living in Singer hall or Raglan? Do you know if Priory Hall is as over-secured as Trinity?
I'd like to talk with students who begin their studies at Cov. this September or who are already there. Anybody?
Reply 7
missominx
Hey there.I dont know what accomodation to choose! Is there anybody who's living in Singer hall or Raglan? Do you know if Priory Hall is as over-secured as Trinity?
I'd like to talk with students who begin their studies at Cov. this September or who are already there. Anybody?

Priory hall is definitely not as secure as Trinity Point. Trinity Point is not called Fort Knox for nothing.

In Priory you need your ID card to get in through two doors, as well as your key to get in through your own door. Guests aren't signed in, but as long as they aren't living in your room with you, people don't seem to have a problem. I :wub: Cov.

Singer is fairly nice, less secure even than that- you need your ID card once, and your key. As they are seperate blocks, the reception people can't see who you bring in. As there are cleaners though, extra people living there will soon be caught out!

If you want any more info, there is most of what you need to known on the Cov thread (we didn't have our own forum until fairly recently so everything is in there). It's fairly large though, so give me a PM if you want anything (I'm just finishing off my second year now).

IQ x
Reply 8
ive applied for singer =] i applied on the day of the advance application and i still havent heard anything, i applied as deferred entry last year so im on my gap year atm, going to cov in sept so im deffo going to cov but i still havent heard about accom, im still being verified on the application =/ argh!
looking forward to it though =]
x
Reply 9
Places like Callice, Raglan, Trinity and paradise are usually quick to fill because its private owned rather then university owned and also its the only halls where you can choose to live with, so alot of 2nd years and 3rds pick their best mates and move in :]

Having lived in one of those halls, nothing beats the fun-ness and atmosphere of singer hall, and i guess priory is the same as well.
Preshus88
Places like Callice, Raglan, Trinity and paradise are usually quick to fill because its private owned rather then university owned and also its the only halls where you can choose to live with, so alot of 2nd years and 3rds pick their best mates and move in :]

Having lived in one of those halls, nothing beats the fun-ness and atmosphere of singer hall, and i guess priory is the same as well.

With Priory it is perfectly possible never to see your row; I tried to ignore the people I lived with as much as possible, however you can spend loads of time with each other, it depends how well you get on... I guess that's the same in all halls (the row below me got on like a house on fire and now live together).

In other halls you aren't really given a choice, you're stuck with them all year!

That's why Priory is so ace; you have the option you don't get in any other hall (except Quadrant...but as that is smaller you may find yourself eating with your flatmates).
I dont understand paying around £400 a month to share a flat. Ok yea you are on campus but I have my own flat with my own bathroom, kitchen and it is only 8 mins from campus and i pay £375 which includes most bills I just pay T.V liscence and use a electric metre all together i pay out about £400 the same as a room in a shared flat. Personally i like my own space where you are not having to fight for the bathroom when you have already over slept and need a shower and noone drinks the last of the milk
heya im just wondering if anybody knows or could guess for me if the student accomodation will be filled up by the time i do clearing to get into coventry? im so keen on staying there, don't mind if its a little distance form the Uni. Really wana get into my course that's all.
Reply 13
Just got an email from Unite through that says I've been offered a room in Raglan.. which is wierd seeing as I haven't got my results yet :/

I'm a bit suspicious as I've not been expecting anything until results day at the least and the e-mail says to reply within 48 hours :/
Reply 14
MadJax
Just got an email from Unite through that says I've been offered a room in Raglan.. which is wierd seeing as I haven't got my results yet :/

I'm a bit suspicious as I've not been expecting anything until results day at the least and the e-mail says to reply within 48 hours :/

I personally don't have any experience with Unite, so I don't take any of this as proven fact, but I'm sure if you send them an email or ring them up and explain your circumstances, they might be able to extend the deadline or something?

Its still rather odd that they would send out offers before results :/
Take the place and be glad!

I'd paid my £300 deposit for Priory before I got my results!

(Although Unite might be different, thinking about it...)
Reply 16
Already accepted it, now just awaiting the contract so I can pay my £250 deposit :smile:

EDIT: Found out this was real and that Coventry had recieved my results last week, whereas I got them yesterday, so explains a bit :P
Reply 17
Ice_Queen
Take the place and be glad!

I'd paid my £300 deposit for Priory before I got my results!

(Although Unite might be different, thinking about it...)

Lucky, I got my results/confirmed my place 2-3 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard anything about my accommodation :frown:
Klincoln
Lucky, I got my results/confirmed my place 2-3 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard anything about my accommodation :frown:

Give them a ring?

I was really unusual in that I paid my deposit (and even chose my own room!) on the applicants day; I was almost certain I'd get the results I needed, and Cov was my firm and insurance.
Reply 19
Just got through my actual contract and pament schedule, which brings up my next issue:

The payment schedule says that I have to pay £1535 by the 5th of September

Trouble is, I don't get my finance/loan until 20th September at the earliest :redface:

Will I have to pay on the 5th or will they only expect it when I recieve my finance?

Latest