The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds through UCAS extra

Got rejected from Leeds and considering trying to get into another course via ucas extra. anyone know how likely I am to get an offer/ how long it will take
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by j0514
Got rejected from Leeds and considering trying to get into another course via ucas extra. anyone know how likely I am to get an offer/ how long it will take

Without knowing which alternate course you're thinking of applying for (and therefore what its entry requirements are) and your predicted grades, it's not going to be easy to establish how likely you are to get an offer.

Also, did your predicted grades meet the requirements of the original course for which you applied?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by j0514

Nobody can answer this. Firstly is there any spaces still available on the course you are thinking of applying to and secondly do you meet ALL the requirements for that course. If both apply you would have a very good chance. If there is no spaces you will be rejected. If you dont meet the requirements it is highly unlikely you will get an offer. As far as how ;long it is basically how long is a piece of string. Many universities are still looking on pre deadline applications. These would likely be worked through first before consideriing applicants under extra. Leeds might know more so try ringing them.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Without knowing which alternate course you're thinking of applying for (and therefore what its entry requirements are) and your predicted grades, it's not going to be easy to establish how likely you are to get an offer.

Also, did your predicted grades meet the requirements of the original course for which you applied?

Yes predicted A*A*A in maths econ and history and applied to economics which needed AAA- just really oversubscribed this year I think.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
Nobody can answer this. Firstly is there any spaces still available on the course you are thinking of applying to and secondly do you meet ALL the requirements for that course. If both apply you would have a very good chance. If there is no spaces you will be rejected. If you dont meet the requirements it is highly unlikely you will get an offer. As far as how ;long it is basically how long is a piece of string. Many universities are still looking on pre deadline applications. These would likely be worked through first before consideriing applicants under extra. Leeds might know more so try ringing them.

Okay thank you :smile: my predicted grades are high and have emailed leeds asking if they have places on those courses so hopefully...
Reply 5
Hii, i'm going through the same thing right now. Did you happen to get into Leeds when applying through Extra last year? And how long did the university take to reply and give a decision?

Original post by j0514
Reply 6
Original post by j0514

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about your rejection from Leeds. While I can't guarantee anything, I can tell you that UCAS Extra can be a great opportunity to explore other courses and universities. The likelihood of receiving an offer depends on various factors, such as the availability of spots in the desired course and your qualifications. As for the timeline, it can vary from university to university, but typically, you should hear back within a few weeks. Keep your hopes up, stay positive, and make sure to research and apply to other courses that align with your interests and qualifications. Good luck with your UCAS Extra journey! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest