The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dreama
I really didn't realise that. (Arts Student :biggrin: )

I stand corrected ~ *Salutes Tom *

However, I maintain that greater differentation is needed between A graders. UMS or no UMS the A* is my new plight. :smile:

I agree with the need to differentiate between A graders. However, on a pragmatic level- an A* will have little effect, but rather increase pressure on students. A more effective approach would be too change the entire culture poisoning education and return to tougher exams, and if A Levels REALLY aren't challenging enough why not make them TOUGHER!
tomcoolinguk
I agree with the need to differentiate between A graders. However, on a pragmatic level- an A* will have little effect, but rather increase pressure on students. A more effective approach would be too change the entire culture poisoning education and return to tougher exams, and if A Levels REALLY aren't challenging enough why not make them TOUGHER!

I'm glad you're not education secretary. You'd make me feel really stupid!
london_bum
I'm glad you're not education secretary. You'd make me feel really stupid!

Oh.... don't say that. I must come across wrong on this forum. My friends love my revision tips! I actually sold revision books [all written by me] to GCSE students for part of my YE!

I just find it funny that whereas years ago education was really focused on an advancement of knowledge, it now seems to be about 'equality'. This entire all must prizes has to end.... as people on this forum have seen, in terms of uni places, all most certainly cannot have prizes!
tomcoolinguk
Oh.... don't say that. I must come across wrong on this forum. My friends love my revision tips! I actually sold revision books [all written by me] to GCSE students for part of my YE!

tomcoolinguk
I just find it funny that whereas years ago education was really focused on an advancement of knowledge, it now seems to be about 'equality'. This entire all must prizes has to end.... as people on this forum have seen, in terms of uni places, all most certainly cannot have prizes!

Oh, ok. The crazed 'make them TOUGHER!' bit before kinda scared me. (But now I understand).
london_bum
I did that...almost. I wrote out these AMAZING notes for some economics, physics and chemisty modules. I was thinking of selling them, but then I felt that would be mean, so I gave them away for free.

Oh, ok. The crazed 'make them TOUGHER!' bit before kinda scared me. (But now I understand).

Yeah- did you like the build in tone and anger. Brought back flashbacks of my young enterprise motivational speeches! [My quest for success led me to bribing my team]
tomcoolinguk
Yeah- did you like the build in tone and anger. Brought back flashbacks of my young enterprise motivational speeches! [My quest for success led me to bribing my team]

LOL. 'Motivational speeches'. I'd love to hear that :rolleyes: 'First, school, then...the...entire British market!'

Meh. When I want people to do things for me, I argue them into it. I ply them with useless reasons until they just fold and do it. (Or, if all else fails, good ol' puppy eyes can help).

Our school was so screwed up. In the end, they didn't even bother entering us for the competition.
Reply 126
tomcoolinguk

Would you perhaps consider transcribing these 'guides' of yours onto TSR? If nothing else, your (amusingly high) modular marks at AS must attest to the efficacy of your revision technique. Such wisdom has to be worth sharing :rolleyes:
Reply 127
london_bum
Meh. When I want people to do things for me, I argue them into it. I ply them with useless reasons until they just fold and do it. (Or, if all else fails, good ol' puppy eyes can help).

Heh heh heh. Sophistry and obfuscation certainly have their practical applications :wink:
Reply 128
OMG, ucl is scaring me!!!! i havent heard anything yet!! ahhhhhhhh
Profesh
Heh heh heh. Sophistry and obfuscation certainly have their practical applications :wink:

OMG Profesh! Do you like take the dictionary to bed with you as some bedtime reading? Why do you use such as wide vocabulary; whats the point when people can't understand what our are saying without reaching for the dictionary? Please, for the idiots like me, try to make your points in "ordinary pleb" language. Thanks! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :hello:
Reply 130
Lottelo
OMG Profesh! Do you like take the dictionary to bed with you as some bedtime reading? Why do you use such as wide vocabulary; whats the point when people can't understand what our are saying without reaching for the dictionary? Please, for the idiots like me, try to make your points in "ordinary pleb" language. Thanks! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :hello:

second that. Plus, just curious, do you spk like this normally?
Reply 131
I hope not...
Profesh

I had to look that up to understand what it meant, but ok. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending