The Student Room Group

i've missed out

i am currentlt in the process of sending my ucas application for a diploma in nursing and now i think it may be a waste of time.i'm 31 years young and was planning to do the family friendly course over 4 years,4 months next sept.i rang the uni yesterday and was told the last intake for that course was sept 08.if i apply and get in i would have to do the course full time over 3 years.i have 2 children aged 13 and 6,i know feel i cannot commit to such a hectic schedule.i'm so upset and feel i have lost out:frown:
Reply 1
give it a shot become super mum, have you tried any other courses
Reply 2
Well, if that's what they said, and you are not happy doing the full-time course, then there's nothing else you can do about it. Are there any other places that offer the course that you want, that you can get to easily? If not you're just going to have to wait a year and remember to apply early. This year doesn't have to be a waste though; you could do some self study or maybe get some work experience in the area.
Hey i'm doing nursing aswell, although im applying for the degree course. There are many universities around the country that do the diploma course, some even allow you to do it part-time, it may involve moving but maybe it could be worth the risk if your family is still young and it's what you really want to do.

What about the degree course?? which university is this? What qualifications do you have? Some hospitals will take you on as a Health care assistant, and then train you up to a nurse status.
Reply 4
i currently work as a senior care assistant for a private nursing home.have been there 9 years.i have completed an nvq 3 in health and social care and thats what i'm using to get into uni.feel very angry because it states in the 2009 prospectus they run this course over 3 years or 4 years, 4 months(family friendly).moving is not an option.i was applyint to wolverhampton and the walsall campus.:mad:
yummymumy
i currently work as a senior care assistant for a private nursing home.have been there 9 years.i have completed an nvq 3 in health and social care and thats what i'm using to get into uni.feel very angry because it states in the 2009 prospectus they run this course over 3 years or 4 years, 4 months(family friendly).moving is not an option.i was applyint to wolverhampton and the walsall campus.:mad:

ah i see, ok...so let me get this right, diploma in nursing, the university is 'advertising' it..but its no longer running???

That sucks balls, however can you not apply for the degree? I understand its not part time, but my mum did a midwifery degree in her 40's with 3 children!!!!

http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/Course.asp?id=11714&type=1

I would actually give them another call, also is the course on UCAS?? It sounds very fishy..maybe they've got the diploma nursing course mixed up with the midwifery one?!

Latest

Trending

Trending