The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've had mine a for a few hours now, and read it though quickly, now I intend to savour it - that'll be the special one, of course :biggrin:.

Has anyone noticed that the special collectors' edition is actually bound really, really well? I've been teaching myself about binding for ages, and this is possibly the best bound modern book I've seen!
Enchanté
Ahh I'm so excited :biggrin: me and housemates are getting a kitten in Febuary. :eek:
One of my housesmates boyfriends' cat is pregnant and said we could have one. :biggrin:

I want a kitten too. My cat is all grown up. :puppyeyes:

Tootles
Has anyone noticed that the special collectors' edition is actually bound really, really well? I've been teaching myself about binding for ages, and this is possibly the best bound modern book I've seen!

Geeek! :p: I still have no idea which edition I am getting :excited:
Reply 42
- skyhigh
Geeek! :p: I still have no idea which edition I am getting :excited:

Get both. The special is good to read as well; it'll last, being properly bound and all, and it's always worth having the normal one as well, it might be worth something some day.
I hope I get one for xmas :p:

My mother knows me well enough to know that I want it so *fingers crossed* Santa'll bring it for me on xmas morning!
Tootles
Get both. The special is good to read as well; it'll last, being properly bound and all, and it's always worth having the normal one as well, it might be worth something some day.

I got the normal one. I don't get how you can tell whether a book is well bound or not, as long as it holds the pages together its fine for me :p:

Its my birthday today :biggrin:
- skyhigh

Happy Birthday!!! :hugs:

:party:

Butterbeer all round!!!

:beer: :birthday: :bumps:
Magickal_Faerie

:party:

Butterbeer all round!!!

:beer: :birthday: :bumps:

:ditto:

Happy Birthday :biggrin:
Happy Birthdayyyy! :biggrin: :hugs:
Reply 48
- skyhigh
I got the normal one. I don't get how you can tell whether a book is well bound or not, as long as it holds the pages together its fine for me :p:

Happy birthday :biggrin:!

You can tell a book's well bound thus: if, on looking down the spine from the top or botton (where the pages join), you see sections of folded paper, you're books properly bound. However, if they all converge to a point and the back is glued (like on a paperback and most hardbacks today), then it's not bound properly. The books that are made up of sections of folded paper are stitched, meaning that they will last maybe centuries longer than a book that's only been glued.
Hey, can I Join this soc?
We don't seem to be talking much about HP .. I am in the right place? :ninja:
We do discuss HP, or we used to :p:

Find the HP soc mark I and II, thats how much we talk :biggrin:

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep nearly xmas :biggrin:

Gonna get the house elves to start wrapping pressies soon :biggrin:
Reply 51
HP is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday skyhigh!!!!!!!!! :jumphug:
It's my birthday soon, so I've been having prebirthday clebrations, accidently mixed pro plus with alcohol and now I'm hyper, tipsy and can't sleep :s
Reply 52
**CutiePie**
Hey, can I Join this soc?
We don't seem to be talking much about HP .. I am in the right place? :ninja:

We talk about Harry Potter loads, but we've just been a bit dry at the moment.

I'm thinking we should do more of this, though. Maybe someone should set some work based on the new book?

I've had another thought, that I intend to do myself: why don't we have a go at writing some 'fairy tales' of our own, that fit into the Potter universe? I've got one or two stories that I've been working on :smile:.
Hey! Oo ok everyone! Sorry! :biggrin:

So it looks cool, is everyone put into houses here? I was so excited at my new sixth-form last year when I found out we were put into houses.. Not totally like HP though, my dissapointment was not fun! :P
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys :hugs:

**CutiePie**
Hey! Oo ok everyone! Sorry! :biggrin:

So it looks cool, is everyone put into houses here? I was so excited at my new sixth-form last year when I found out we were put into houses.. Not totally like HP though, my dissapointment was not fun! :P

Nice to see someone else who likes Potter and Bon Jovi :biggrin: You will need send a PM to Sephrenia with the house and the subjects you want :yep:
*notices her name being mentioned*
*wonders why she is still up*
Belated Happy Birthday =]
*goes to bed*
Don't worry about thje lack of HP talk, we'll talk and slag off the new film loads when it comes out...
- skyhigh
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys :hugs:

Nice to see someone else who likes Potter and Bon Jovi :biggrin: You will need send a PM to Sephrenia with the house and the subjects you want :yep:

:biggrin: Thanks! - You like them too!:biggrin:
Im: 1) waiting for Bon-Jovi to do his live tour again , missed this years:rolleyes:
2) waiting for the new HP film! - Even though it's going to be sad :frown:

Oo, ok. Thanks! :biggrin: This is much better than schools houses! :p:
kestral
x

Happy birthday :party:

Your birthday gift :biggrin:

Spoiler

Kes? Your birthday too??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending