The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Snape! Simply because hes portrayed by the sherrif of nottingham / hans grubber.
Zacharias Smith
he asks what everyone esle wants to know and hes cheeky
Reply 1162
Original post by llacerta
I love that so few people say Harry Potter himself, and yet, as a main character in what is a relatively extensive series of books, he's surprisingly un-irritating. A character like Harry could get boring and predictable very quickly, but he doesn't. Not to say that he's my favourite character, or anything- just that he's very well-crafted.

harry never irritated you :confused: he irritated me often

edit: not saying I disagree with him being a well crafted character and I didn't get bored of him or anything but quite often he would do things that irritated me
(edited 12 years ago)
RONALD WEASLEY! (book version though tbh)
And Hagrid.
And of course Dumbledore!
And Victor Krum cos he's fit :biggrin:
Dobby!!! :biggrin: was so depressed when he died. :frown:
Original post by SillyRodent
It has to be Snape. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

This post wins.
Original post by manic_fuzz
Luna Lovegood, she's erratic and different and pretty and unique and her many odd and somewhat endearing imperfections are what make her perfect <3 :biggrin:

Oh. And for second place, i also love Bellatrix, i love how ridiculously evil and callous she is, she's exhilarating, and in the movies her character is reflected so well :colone:

they're both fit
My favourite is Snape, I'm quite shocked at just how popular he is considering the little screen time he gets in the films.

He's a fantastic character, and Rickman's acting has been superb throughout.

I also really like Voldermort, imo he's one of the best villains of recent times.
Original post by SonOfASubmariner
Title says it all, but I'm gonna make it a little more difficult by banning the use of the word 'Dobby' as I fear that might creep up too often.

Anyway, I'd go for bearded half-giant, star of ITV's Cracker and all-round good egg Hagrid.

My favorite character is from the first harry potter book. Dudley Dursley friend. the one who accompanied him to the zoo
Snape is my favourite character. The book is the exploration of three people's choices: Harry's, Voldemort's, and Snape's. Snape, by far, has the deepest and most human story. Harry and Voldemort are the extremes of good and evil, but Snape is the reminder that no one is all good or all evil. His journey was incredibly well written. I've always loved the Harry Potter books, but The Prince's Tale, I think, takes Harry Potter out of a children's fantasy book and into the realm of literature.

Would I want to be friends with Snape? Maybe not (unless I knew him as a child), but I cared about him deeply in the books, and as a character he is fantastic.

I also love Luna Lovegood, The name you forbade in this thread (The-elf-who-shall-not-be-named-in-this-thread), Hermione, Lupin, and Dumbledore (The utilitarian).

I would probably enjoy being around Tonks, but I don't like how her story arc worked out...
(edited 12 years ago)
So many favourites - Luna, Snape, Hermoine, Fred & George, Neville!!... It goes on and on.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
My favourite is Snape, I'm quite shocked at just how popular he is considering the little screen time he gets in the films.

He's a fantastic character, and Rickman's acting has been superb throughout.

I also really like Voldermort, imo he's one of the best villains of recent times.
:eek: I find him one of the most stereotypical cartoon-like villains I've see in book and film for years. His evil as a young orphan child (setting snakes on people) as a student (bulling hagrid, killing moaning murtle and wanting to split his soul) and evil as adult, obviously. He then plans his attack perfectly to time in with the end of school year and goes through the most ridiculous schemes to catch Harry. Like seriously? shoot a spell up to the ceiling and send the god damn bricks falling onto Harry. There his killed, done. Over. With all due respects to J.K Rowling, she could have made him try and kill in others ways but fail. It would have at least realistically portray a person trying to find different ways to actually execute the murder. All he kept doing is attacking him with the killing curse. No one in the world would be that stupid to keep trying that. Not to mention he rambles on for like an hour about how his going to kill Harry in the Goblet of fire. This is Saturday morning cartoon Villainage style. I struggle to see any originality in him as the 'big bad lord of darkness'.

Sorry had to let that all out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...

A fantastic character.
Reply 1173
snape! the way he talks makes me laugh!
Reply 1174
Fleur de la Cleur because she was fit.
Luna Lovegood because her voice is awesome.
Neville Longbottom for being a massive lad.
Reply 1175
Original post by SonOfASubmariner
Title says it all, but I'm gonna make it a little more difficult by banning the use of the word 'Dobby' as I fear that might creep up too often.

Anyway, I'd go for bearded half-giant, star of ITV's Cracker and all-round good egg Hagrid.

sirius black imo! he is just too cool! though i wish they could have got johnny depp to play him instead of gary oldman, i love oldman but i feel as though depp would have suited the character ALOT moree :rolleyes:
It makes me happy to see all the Snape love in this thread :smile:
Reply 1177
Original post by JOR2010
Voldemort. He does a cool dance!

:laugh:

HAHA! I'm still laughing like an idiot :biggrin:
seamus, he's the biggest prick ever
Harry > Hermione > Sirius > Lily Potter > Luna

EDIT: Voldemort if we're talking A Very Potter Musical

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending