The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by strange95
Voldemort :smile: Without him there is no story ^_^

I agree. But other than that Voldermort makes me wonder how any one can be so twisted.
Reply 1181
Original post by FilthyYouth

Original post by FilthyYouth
These two are also my favourites, before and after the films were made. Love that David Thewlis played Lupin!

Agreed, from the Lupin that was described in the books, he was the perfect guy to play him in the movies! Never been so upset when he died in the Deathly Hallows!:frown:
Strangely, I don't really have a favourite character. Then again, I haven't read all the books yet. Right now if I was pushed for an answer I'd have to say I enjoy Fred and George the most.
My fave characters are the Weasleys, mainly Ron Fred and George :smile: and my fave teacher appart from Mcgonagall was Lockhart LOL he was so funny :biggrin:

I'm surprised noone really said Harry much lol though he is the main guy
Original post by boba
harry never irritated you :confused: he irritated me often

edit: not saying I disagree with him being a well crafted character and I didn't get bored of him or anything but quite often he would do things that irritated me

I said that he was "surprisingly un-irritating", not that he never irritated me. He only irritated me when he was supposed to- when J.K. Rowling meant for her readers to be irritated by his actions. What I meant was that, considering we go through seven books with him as the main character and with seeing things from almost exclusively his point of view, it surprised me that he didn't irritate me more! I usually always get pissed off with main characters in book series like these, especially when the action is so much centred around them.

I hope that made some sort of sense. :biggrin:
Reply 1185
Snape !
No one knows how much I sobbed in the last book and movie,I love Snape !
Snape!!!
Luna
Kreacher?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1187
Original post by llacerta
I said that he was "surprisingly un-irritating", not that he never irritated me. He only irritated me when he was supposed to- when J.K. Rowling meant for her readers to be irritated by his actions. What I meant was that, considering we go through seven books with him as the main character and with seeing things from almost exclusively his point of view, it surprised me that he didn't irritate me more! I usually always get pissed off with main characters in book series like these, especially when the action is so much centred around them.

I hope that made some sort of sense. :biggrin:

oh yes it does :biggrin:
Snape. I was so upset when he died. He showed true bravery and heroism.
Original post by cz100
Professor McGonagall, I loved moments like in the third book when she lost her cool during the Quidditch final. And she's just perfectly portrayed in the movies.

I read that last night - so brilliant! And yeah Maggie Smith is AMAZING! :biggrin:
Professor Snape
Has anyone got their welcome email yet? I finally got mine this evening. Was a bit annoyed at first because they said they'd send them out on a first-come first-served basis but then sent them out randomly meaning day 7 people were getting theirs on the first day last week but I'm fine now, lol. Got sorted into Ravenclaw :smile:
*hem-hem* Dolores Umbridge!
Oh man. The torture of that question...
Hermione Granger. She's smart, tough, independent, funny, sarcastic, witty, clever, and not to mention stunningly beautiful, pretty, cute, gorgeous, and very attractive :love:

......... My dream girl :colondollar:
Flitwick, he just pwns noobs.
After serious consideration, ONE of my favourites has to be Neville. He's awesome.
As demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsYWT5Q_R_w

Edit: Second thoughts, there are a lot of awesome characters in that clip! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by thisisjokes
Tom Marvolo Riddle. Easily the most interesting character imo.

This. I probably enjoyed learning about his past and the history of Slytherin more than the actual present day events in the books.

I think Draco would have been a great part to play in the films.
It's got to be McGonagall for me. My least favourite moment in 5 wasn't Sirius dying, it was her getting multi-stunned. :frown:

Maggie Smith was the perfect actress to play her, almost exactly like I'd imagined her from the books.
Reply 1199
I guess I have a few.

Luna was just such an interesting person in general :biggrin:
Tom Riddle - well without him there wouldn't be as much of a story! Plus he was charming and evil at the same time. His backstory is pretty fascinating.
Professor McGonagall - Simply because of her line in the last film "I've always wanted to use that spell!" :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest