Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did you do?

How much were you paid?

Did you enjoy it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I ate my big mac with fries and a regular coke.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Would you like fries with that, sir?"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They put me on the 'chicken side' for the first few weeks and learned how to make chicken burgers. Then I worked my way up the ladder eventually making proper meat burgers and learning the ropes until they put me on the till..then my brain started working, I got some sense and left. :laugh:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They aught to pay the customers to eat the crap that they serve!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    They aught to pay the customers to eat the crap that they serve!

i really like their fries.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ????
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What did you do?

You will be put with a crew trainer who will stay with you - clock you in and out, takes their breaks with you, they will assuage your fears and build knowledge.

How much were you paid?
    You will be paid minimum wage

Did you enjoy it?
    Well next month I will have been there two years, make of that what you will..:rolleyes:

Be calm and do not stress about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i was put on chicken side with two girls who didnt speak english and left to bag nuggets up for 5 hours, £4 an hour, i actually didnt mind it as the people i worked with were fun but the wrok did me in and i quit in september but mainly due to the fact that i lived 30 miles from the restaurant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    who on earth lives 30 miles from a mcdonalds store? you must seriously live in the sticks.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was put on the till with a lovely manager of mine (she was then a staff trainer). She clocked me in and out, showed me how to prepare (hairnets, handwashing etc) and she showed me how to use the till and built my confidence by making me gradually take orders and stuff when she got the food. She took her break with me too. It was scary but not too bad. Depending on who they're short of, they will either put you in the kitchen or on the tills, kitchens look okay. Unless your job description is to work on the dining area- if so you lucky thing, you get paid more and most of them seem to do less!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really liked my job at Mackys! apart from AJaxing!
    I started on the 1/4 pounders, easy peasy, I didnt like working on the till because customers were so RUDE! dont eat to many free meals!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a job there about a year ago, went to the induction thing where they took all my details and showed me around and stuff buuuut never actually made it to my first shift ha , I called to quit a few hours before after deciding that it really wasn't for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds pay far from minimum wage IIRC
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    I really liked my job at Mackys! apart from AJaxing!
    I started on the 1/4 pounders, easy peasy, I didnt like working on the till because customers were so RUDE! dont eat to many free meals!
    I agree

I'm doing a close on Saturday too, so I have to AJax and sweep, mop etc :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats AJax? whats close on saturday mean? Will 1030 on saturday be busy there?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was put on chicken. Seven shifts later I threw up over my managers feet after pushing a tray of chicken selects onto someone's head. I quit and was never paid. Now I work at Debenhams and it's awesome. No vomit or anything.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ajax is what they use to clean the cupboards

I worked at McDonalds briefly and each closedown took abotu 2 hours it was ridiculous and we has to stay til it was done!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson8)
    Whats AJax? whats close on saturday mean? Will 1030 on saturday be busy there?
    AJax- it's a strong cleaning fluid we use for cleaning some of the cabinets etc.

Close on saturday, well I mean my shift is the closing shift, you're there until you shut and until after the doors are locked to customers to clean up etc.

10:30 is just after breakfast, it's quite quiet sometimes for a while unless there have been a lot of people craving burgers but then breakfast is still being served, then gets progressively busier as people go for lunch.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: November 27, 2008
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.