The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sparxy

Meh.. When we go in - just as were clocking in, the shift manager will be on the other side of the kitchen 'Hey Josh, alright - your in kitchen today!'.. Heh, doesn't bother me though, there not impolite about it, love the people at my Maccys.. :biggrin:

Aye same, the people make the job.

I've been on front ever since I started, and I still enjoy it. Wouldn't mind getting trained in kitchen eventually though. I can already do most of the chicken side, just by watching people anyway. :p:
Reply 41
Sparxy

Meh.. When we go in - just as were clocking in, the shift manager will be on the other side of the kitchen 'Hey Josh, alright - your in kitchen today!'.. Heh, doesn't bother me though, there not impolite about it, love the people at my Maccys.. :biggrin:

:yep:
We don't have much choice. A girl apparently got sent home yesterday because she was just blind refusing to go on front, so she argued with a manager who eventually told her she was a spoilt brat and sent her home. Can't be choosy. :nah:

I've been on front since I started, and I've been there a year. I'd rather like to be trained in the kitchen but I don't mind, as you say they're never impolite about it.
you get paid for cleaning up after store closes right?
Astudentinneed
you get paid for cleaning up after store closes right?

You get paid for all the time you're clocked in, and you won't clock out until you leave. So yes, you get paid for that.
Reply 44
I got paid £4.50/hour on my first shift. Was shown were mops etc was, how to clock in/out then went on lobby and spent the whole day cleaning. At 1pm(i started a 9am) another new person came in and i had to show them what to do (WTF?). i went on tills on my second day, served about 4 customers, completley messed it up, walked out cryingand they've never put me back on them lol.

probably a good thing though, cos i get paid more on lobby:smile:
Reply 45
EmmaK90
I got paid £4.50/hour on my first shift. Was shown were mops etc was, how to clock in/out then went on lobby and spent the whole day cleaning. At 1pm(i started a 9am) another new person came in and i had to show them what to do (WTF?). i went on tills on my second day, served about 4 customers, completley messed it up, walked out cryingand they've never put me back on them lol.

probably a good thing though, cos i get paid more on lobby:smile:

They don't vary the pay rate based of what tasks you do each day.. :o:

Your on the same pay rate the whole time unless it's a bank holiday or you turn 18/21 or whatever.. :yep:
Reply 46
Sparxy
They don't vary the pay rate based of what tasks you do each day.. :o:

Your on the same pay rate the whole time unless it's a bank holiday or you turn 18/21 or whatever.. :yep:

I'm a hostess, which at least at my restaurant means being on lobby, and im on £6.03/hr now after working there just over a year. so the pay increase definitely isnt normal pay rises.
Reply 47
EmmaK90
I'm a hostess, which at least at my restaurant means being on lobby, and im on £6.03/hr now after working there just over a year. so the pay increase definitely isnt normal pay rises.

Odd, never heard that job title at any McDonald's.. :s-smilie:
Reply 48
i thik it's the same as a customer care assistant, heard of that?

On our schedules it's called host/hostess. Basically just clean lobby, give out balloons and get shouted at by customers :biggrin:
Reply 49
I'm pretty sure McDonald's pay slightly more than minimum wage. Didn't stop me rejecting them when they head hunted me lol. Much rather do bar work for 50p less.
Dionysus
I'm pretty sure McDonald's pay slightly more than minimum wage. Didn't stop me rejecting them when they head hunted me lol. Much rather do bar work for 50p less.

You got headhunted by McDs????
Reply 51
I have bruises on my knees from ajaxing on saturday night, and we didn't get out until 11:30pm because the new manager is obsessed with cleanliness, to the point he makes you clean the walls, and my boyfriend who was supposed to be in the kitchen had to show me how to clean the coffee and shake machines because nobody had ever trained me to do that. The only problem we have as a store is the quality of staff training. I've been there for a year and I've had no SOCs done, I've only ever been trained on the counters as well.

Reply 52
EmmaK90

On our schedules it's called host/hostess. Basically just clean lobby, give out balloons and get shouted at by customers :biggrin:

Our customer care assistant is a complete ********.
Reply 53
jacketpotato
You got headhunted by McDs????

I know... It was one of the local stores, who I'd apparently applied to years ago (can't even remember), were phoning up old contacts and offering to better their salaries. I know that's not standard for McDs but they really were desperate. They had about 9 vacancies that nobody wanted to fill!
Jessaay!
I have bruises on my knees from ajaxing on saturday night, and we didn't get out until 11:30pm because the new manager is obsessed with cleanliness, to the point he makes you clean the walls, and my boyfriend who was supposed to be in the kitchen had to show me how to clean the coffee and shake machines because nobody had ever trained me to do that. The only problem we have as a store is the quality of staff training. I've been there for a year and I've had no SOCs done, I've only ever been trained on the counters as well.

Our closers don't get out til about 2/3am!
Reply 55
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Our closers don't get out til about 2/3am!

:eek: what time do you close?

We generally are supposed to get out at about 10:30ish at the latest, it's the first time for weeks it's been like that.
Jessaay!
:eek: what time do you close?

We generally are supposed to get out at about 10:30ish at the latest, it's the first time for weeks it's been like that.

We shut at midnight. You??
10.30??! What time do you start? Our closers start at 5pm.
Reply 57
We generally start at 3pm or 4pm for the close, if you're a manager it's 2:30pm. We shut at 9pm. :]
Reply 58
Jessaay!

I did AJAXing and I made a total mess of it so I think when I tell them of that they get someone else to do it haha :smile: Our closes usually are out around 1am.. latest of 2am. We close at 12 so that's good.

Well the problem is I'm going for staff trainer and they're meant to rotate me but it's **** because the majority of the time I am on a till. I always skive off to the kitchen or HOTing etc so I never ever make much money on the till lol. But I'm pretty fast at tills, just hate doing it. The problem with going for staff trainer is I don't know how to teach people the most efficive way because no one taught me how to do things, I've learnt everything myself there tbh and asked the odd question.
Reply 59
EmmaK90

Ah, yeah I know Customer Care Assistant.. We just call it going on DA (Dining Area)..

I've only had to go on DA a few times, isn't that bad.. Much prefer the kitchen though! More social. :smile:

Latest