The Student Room Group

German Society!

Just wondering...

EDIT: I'm putting another question here so that everyone can see it :biggrin:

For those who are from Germany but study in England... what UCAS points did you have to have? And what was your Abitur like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nein! Ich bin ein Englenderin
haha das ist gut jaaa :biggrin:
Reply 3
does austrian count? :P hehe
Reply 4
shizer this convo!
Juggy123
shizer this convo!

Err... yeah. What the carnal intercourse.
I'm an Italian but I live in Germany, the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. :wink:

Where do you live?, @whitepearlbaby.
NoCommentMan
I'm an Italian but I live in Germany, the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. :wink:

Where do you live?, @whitepearlbaby.

Woohoo, I live in Hamburg, too! :biggrin: Langenhorn to be precise :smile:
Moin moin from Altona! :wink:

I'm not really surprised. You know we live in a little world. :biggrin:

I read you want to move to England because your boy-friend live there. Do not ask me why I want to move to Scotland. :wink:

Do you have the award of abitur? And, did you take the IELTS test?
NoCommentMan
Moin moin from Altona! :wink:

I'm not really surprised. You know we live in a little world. :biggrin:

I read you want to move to England because your boy-friend live there. Do not ask me why I want to move to Scotland. :wink:

Do you have the award of abitur? And, did you take the IELTS test?

Well I'm still at school so I'll get my abitur next year, advanced courses are English and Chemistry. I'm hoping for a good 2 :biggrin:
But no, I didn't take any tests because I'm applying for Lincoln and they said if you have a B in English in your GCSE's (Hauptschulabschluss) that will count. I'd have to take the TOEFL anyway (at least 79 points paper-based). But as I have 12 points in my advanced English course now I don't think that's necessary :biggrin:

Good luck to you!
Reply 10
und es gibt wirklich keine oesterreicher hier??
ich mein, WIEN, leutchen! metropole der welt!
:wink::wink::wink::biggrin:

since when do GSCEs = hauptschuleabschluss? i thought you're older when you get the GCSEs... oh but then again the GCSEs are O Levels aren't they, which used to be for people who wanted to quit school at 16 to go get work... aha
Adalia
und es gibt wirklich keine oesterreicher hier??
ich mein, WIEN, leutchen! metropole der welt!
:wink::wink::wink::biggrin:

since when do GSCEs = hauptschuleabschluss? i thought you're older when you get the GCSEs... oh but then again the GCSEs are O Levels aren't they, which used to be for people who wanted to quit school at 16 to go get work... aha

Hi :smile: I dunno, they just said it, could be Realschulabschluss as well, it's around the age of 15/16 anyway. Never mind, I'm just hoping to get an offer :biggrin:
Reply 12
nono i think you're right :smile:

good luck!! you can do it :yep:
Reply 13
Ich komme besuchen
Eric Qin
Ich komme besuchen

Haha umm...ok! :biggrin:
EDIT: put my question at the start.
Reply 16
I've seen 2 german society on this forum
bielefelderin in london.