The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
scottish_student
I'm sorry to hear about that. Do you think i'm too late to apply for a place?

I'm going for a business/finance role. I have other interviews/tests/half way through application processes with other companies and want to use yini as a last resort as it costs.

Not as expensive as you'd think if you mean financially speaking that is. When I applied 2 years ago, I paid £25 for the whole thing but what I got out of it was thousands of times worth that in not just the salary sense, but contacts and maturity etc etc.

YinI was a very last minute decision I made in the December of my last year of Sixth form and although I hadn't accepted any offers from Unis yet, I think that you can phone up and speak to Admissions Tutors to defer your offer should you get a placement. Also, if you can't get a Pre-Uni placement, there's always the Sandwich year options too.

Wear a suit to any job interviews, better overdressed than underdressed and if you feel uncomfortable, get rid of the jacket half. Obv I'm a girl so don't have the same problem but in my experience, my successors who came for interviews were all in suits.

More, better be careful how I say this, successful or larger companies recruit very early on (pre-Xmas in some cases) but should the candidates not fulfil their criteria, they'll carry on fishing for students until a good enough one comes along. Again, try earlier on or as soon as possible.

If you can demonstrate willingness and flexibility, the companies seem to like that.

If anyone has any questions PM away. Oh I miss those good ol' YinI days.
I just sent off the application, ticked all the boxes aswell. Has anyone moved away from home with a job they got from YINI? If so where did you stay?

I'm also thinking of doing 3 more mechanics modules while I work - is this doable? Do you get a lot of time free or is it full on - 40 hours a week stuff?

Latest