The Student Room Group
i think all ure essays have to be typed
i think alot of essays, if not all, are written in english, so why wouldn't you want a computer for that - it just makes it easier to file them all, if nothing else (unless you really hate typing essays).

I was thinking, can you get extra keyboards for your laptop/comp that have the extra characters (accents, circumflexes, ess-tsett)
Reply 3
If you buy a laptop soley for assignemnts don't pay too much for one, either buy somthing quite basic or somthing second hand and save the money on enjoying your selves.
Reply 4
amazingtrade
If you buy a laptop soley for assignemnts don't pay too much for one, either buy somthing quite basic or somthing second hand and save the money on enjoying your selves.

Or even better, basic and second-hand :biggrin: All I'd use it for is typing essays and accessing the Internet.
Reply 5
kellywood_5
Or even better, basic and second-hand :biggrin: All I'd use it for is typing essays and accessing the Internet.

You should be able to get somthing for £250, a PII 333 with 128MB RAM will be more than good enough for word processing and internet usage, I have a seven year old laptop worth about £130 and I can use this site on it perfectly.
Reply 6
I imagine a computer would be useful for the internet since there are alot of language pages like for Spanish there's El Mundo which is a Colombian newspaper, it's good practice reading the news in Spanish.

Latest

Trending

Trending