The Student Room Group

AS ICT coursework help - MS Excel

Wee bit of help needed please, i just can't remember how to do something, and we don't take our textbooks home :frown:

So, I'm making a salon sales spreadsheet on MSExcel. Sheet 1 is "Prices", Sheet 2 is "Quotation".

I want to make 2 combo boxes on the Quotation sheet. The first uses information from the Prices worksheet - easy enough.

But I want the second to be 'dependant' on the first. So, if combo box 1 has A selected, then it will have certain values (1-5) displayed for the second combo box. If B is selected, then 6-8 is selected for the second combo box.

In the hope that makes sense (attachments might help), does anybody have any idea how to do it? I know I would probably have to use Visual Basic... but other than that, I'm stuck.

Any help would be great :biggrin:
Thanks!
I've never used Excel for that kind of thing, but it seems you'll need some kind of IF statement in there.

Try reading this for more help: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=225
Reply 2
It requires vb code

ok first list box is asigned to cell a1
go to visual basic editor insert new module and paste this

Sub ChangeSelection()
range("a1").select
if activecell.value = or whatever you want here
ActiveSheet.Shapes("List Box 2").Select
With Selection
.ListFillRange = "$C$15:colondollar:C$20" Or whatever your range is
End With
End if

Then assign this to the first box
Reply 3
Only checked this now, oops, but thanks, i got the problem sorted...admittedly, by 'borrowing' a textbook :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending