The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Promesse
23? and how many have other presidents had?
yeh will look at google for other stuff, forgot sorry.

i think the other presidents had google^2.

lol i don't really know, but i have a freind who does, you can find him at www.google.com
Well, presidential assassination has never happened before. Let's hope he's not the first X=
Reply 42
Well, if it's not Joe the Plumber who does it, I have a feeling this is what is going to happen:

After 2 years Joe Biden develops an inferiority complex and decides to overthrow Obama, but something is not quite right, Biden was always very loyal to Obama what has changed?

Obama and Biden have a lenghty duel ontop of a hill of skulls both machine gunnin' it. Soon enough Obama gets struck in the face with the butt of Biden's gun and subsquently gets shot in the leg twice. Biden laughs "Who's second class now?" screams Biden.

A distant voice is heard.. "Well done my son, well done old friend." The voice is distinct. We are familiar to this voice. Then a shadowy mist succumbs to the back of the Hill of Skulls where Obama lay bleeding. That prevalent spectre finally comes out of the shadows and declares:

"THE MAC IS BACK!"

And he certainly, certainly was.

I think that's pretty accurate.
Reply 43
spex
I really hope i'm not being naive here, but I don't think anyone's that sadistic in this day and age to murder him purely because he's black. Racists will grumble and whatnot, but planning an assassination is a different ball game.

If he is under threat, it will imo come from terrorists, and be because he's too good a president rather than anything else. Like bush is considered an idiot, so as long as he's running the country terrorists have nothing to worry about.

You seem to forget that Martin Luther King got assinated cos he was black. Many people won't have changed and to see a black guy leading their country will sicken them and their biggoted brains will create a plan to assasinate him to get a white person back in power!
arcticsuicide

1. you cant, for a suspected 8 years, constantly provide a blanket of hardcore security for him
2. america has many white supremists eager to get their hands on him...forget terrorism, gun crime plus gun culture is rife
3. US politics as had a history of assasinaiton and assasinaiton attempts to terrorists

:nah:

1. Yes you can.
2. That's exaggerated - how many white supremacists are willing to be martyrs?
3. They've also had a history of Presidents NOT being assassinated. The last one assassinated was almost 50 years ago.
Reply 45
Well, I'm not gonna do him anything:smile: Are you people with me on this one?
electriic_ink
Well, presidential assassination has never happened before. Let's hope he's not the first X=

Err..
Reply 47
I might be stating the obvious here but assasinating a president is a lot easier said than done. An individual would require precise information regarding his vehicles, how much security he has, timings, building blueprints, knowldge of local roads- the only way I could see it happening would be some sort of inside job (dodgy secret service guy selling info to the klan?)
I had a dream he was last night just after he was elected, I was well gutted :frown:

But my other dreams were amazing, so can't complain.
Do you really think the NSA are on here????
benmh92
You seem to forget that Martin Luther King got assinated cos he was black. Many people won't have changed and to see a black guy leading their country will sicken them and their biggoted brains will create a plan to assasinate him to get a white person back in power!

They can try all they want, a man in such a high office is these days, virtualy untouchable.
Reply 51
We can only pray that it doesn't happen, for all our sakes.

But at least if he does, then he will already have broken down barriers, showing that race is not a boundary to success and how far America has come in forty years.

There has already been a foiled attempt by the way. We can only pray that those bastards never succeed.
Reply 52
No
SpamBa
We can only pray that those bastards never succeed.

Err i'd prefer something more substantial than prayer :p:
LearningMath
Err..

:wink:
There are two reasons why Bush hasn't been assasinated:

1) he is largely hated by centre-left moderates who aren't the most likely people in the world to try and kill someone. Those people who did hate him enough to want to kill him were mostly outside of the US and as such in no position to get hold of all the delicate information that would be needed to carry out such an act.

2) Dick Cheney would have become President.
Reply 56
LearningMath
Amy shoe. Or Amys hoe?

On topic, i'm not sure hes at elevated risk to be honest, of course some diehard racists will hate him, but George Bush was the most hated president in American history...

Cant be an easy job protecting either of them! :p:

off topic... amys hoe!? XDDDD nooo tis amy shoe.. dont ask why, i dont really know why i have the username like that.

Right, back on topic. I suppose you're right, and it's obvious that there will be some people out there that will really dislike him but the thought of him being assasinated, or even someone attempting it does cross my mind :frown: hopefully nothing like that will happen.. but who knows these days. Even with security that they provide...
Reply 57
benmh92

You seem to have forgotten that society has moved a long way since black people had to sit at back of the bus.
I think there will be attempts.

It will sadden me if Obama does get assassinated. Yet it wont surprise me. There is still huge hatred of blacks in some areas of the USA and the KKK have promised that Obama will be wiped from the face of the earth before January 20th, refusing to accept the election of an "inhuman creature" as President
I think it depends on what he does next tbh and it is also too early to tell atm

BTW did you know of a thing called a search button? An almost identical thread to this already exists

Latest

Trending

Trending