The Student Room Group
nas7232
Sketch the shape of a vertical cross-section of the obstacle (without showing any of the dimensions) in the space below.

I have displacement, velocity & acceleration time graphs.

What do i have to draw? :s-smilie:

The answer is 2 marks and it's due in tomorow :O

You must have more info than that - other parts of the question or something. Could you scan it in and attach the question?
It sounds like you need to draw the shape of the object the graphs are describing, but you need to know what medium it's travelling in and we would need to see the graphs.
Reply 2
First bit of question is [ setting the scene before the questions ]

A ball rolls over an obstacle which has been placed on a flat horizontal surface. The diagrams opposite show a velocity-time graph, a displacement-time graph and the axes for an acceleration-time graph for the horizontal motion of the ball. The time axes for the three graphs are identical,

i haven;t got a scanner, but the graphs are simplistic

velocity-time graph has constant velocity, after .5 secs deaccelerates, at 1 second constant velocity, 1.5 secs accelerates, 2 secsconstant velocity
nas7232
First bit of question is [ setting the scene before the questions ]

A ball rolls over an obstacle which has been placed on a flat horizontal surface. The diagrams opposite show a velocity-time graph, a displacement-time graph and the axes for an acceleration-time graph for the horizontal motion of the ball. The time axes for the three graphs are identical,

i haven;t got a scanner, but the graphs are simplistic

velocity-time graph has constant velocity, after .5 secs deaccelerates, at 1 second constant velocity, 1.5 secs accelerates, 2 secsconstant velocity

So you need to draw the profile of the desk it is crossing. The shape will be
.........._________
........./..............\
_____/................\______
So the obstacle is just the trapezium shape. The slopes will obviously not be as steep as here.

EDIT: I'd make sure the slopes are the same length, and if the deceleration=acceleration then they will have the same slope (although reversed)
Reply 4
Thanks

Can't believe why i couldn't do it, you make it look well easy :cool:
nas7232
Thanks

Can't believe why i couldn't do it, you make it look well easy :cool:

np. Sometimes you kick yourself *shrug*

Latest