Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eek: i was there yesterday!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
where bouts is basford, did they say he was a student???
Reply 3
anna_spanner89
where bouts is basford, did they say he was a student???

before posting in my threads can you please remove that terrible avatar of the ugly barrack hussein obama.

thanks...
michael_owen
before posting in my threads can you please remove that terrible avatar of the ugly barrack hussein obama.

thanks...

and before coming on tsr learn some manners...
Reply 5
michael_owen

At least have the courtesy to spell his name correctly.
Considering Nottingham is supposedly the gun-crime capital of the UK the article states...
The last person to be injured by a gunshot in Nottingham was in January this year. No-one has been shot dead in the city since 2006.
Reply 6
michael_owen
ill keep you posted in other crime stories in nottingham to make sure the students know the safe areas from the bad...

Heathfield Estate is known for being fairly rough but it's not true of Basford as a whole.
Reply 7
here we go again...
Reply 8
La Trampa
here we go again...

Well, you're the one with the 'power' around here...
:wink:
You know what, someone was probably shot in various other parts of the UK yesterday too. Nottingham isn't the crazy unsafe city you're making it out to be. Its not like being in Beeston over Basford is going to make you any more 'safe' as if you've got involved in the gang crime world, then they're gonna shoot you where ever you are. However, if you're not involved with that then you're pretty safe. In the same sense, if you go to Loughborough over Nottingham it doesn't make you any 'safer' either....
simeon
Well, you're the one with the 'power' around here...
:wink:

not in this part of the forum :p:
Reply 12

http://www.loughboroughecho.net/news/loughborough-news/2008/10/23/three-found-guilty-of-brutal-slaying-73871-22099813/

Pensioner beaten and stabbed while he slept in his bed in Loughborough. Crime happens everywhere :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Asriel
http://www.loughboroughecho.net/news/loughborough-news/2008/10/23/three-found-guilty-of-brutal-slaying-73871-22099813/

Pensioner beaten and stabbed while he slept in his bed in Loughborough. Crime happens everywhere :rolleyes:

even with a 50 percent error on the stats nottingham still has afar greater crime rate than loughborough :rolleyes:

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/compare/results/l/nottingham.html?c0=nottingham&c1=loughborough&compareSubmit=%9B+Compare&compareSubmit=%9B+Compare
Reply 14
info on that site is from 2006/07. It's a little too out of date to be fair and representative of the city as it is today.
Reply 15
BrenLee
info on that site is from 2006/07. It's a little too out of date to be fair and representative of the city as it is today.

yes if crime fell by 50 percent in nottingham and rose by 30 percent in loughborough(near impossible) then you could argue crime might have fallen :rolleyes:

Seriously some of the excuses these university student reps come up with are halarious....
Reply 16
Looking foreward to a rubuttal by the student reps on this one.

Nottingham city council anti social officer has been beaten to a pulp in city center...

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/Undefined-Headline/article-482024-detail/article.html
Now you're just sensationalizing. 'Beaten to a pulp'?! The article specifically notes he was 'knocked unconscious' not 'beaten to a pulp'. Plus it was a stag do and it was a Saturday night, I'm sure alcohol played a part. Like in every other bar/pub in the UK or even the world, there isn't a fight on a saturday night.

Honestly..I don't know whether I should feel sad/sorry for you or just continue to be amazed/slightly pissed off at you for trying to shed a really bad light on Nottingham.
Reply 18
La Trampa
Now you're just sensationalizing. 'Beaten to a pulp'?! The article specifically notes he was 'knocked unconscious' not 'beaten to a pulp'. Plus it was a stag do and it was a Saturday night, I'm sure alcohol played a part. Like in every other bar/pub in the UK or even the world, there isn't a fight on a saturday night.

Honestly..I don't know whether I should feel sad/sorry for you or just continue to be amazed/slightly pissed off at you for trying to shed a really bad light on Nottingham.

Im not putting anything in a badlight im just highlingting news in crime free nottingham.

It was an unprovoked attack on the ANTI SOCIAL OFFICER for the city council, hopefully he will literally wake up and smell the coffee of whats happening to the city...
I'm sure the punter/s at bar circle thought 'Oo! That's the anti-social officer for the city council. Let's go get him!' :rolleyes: Do you really think every tom dick and harry knows about the guy or knows he exists? I certainly didn't and I don't think so. If this was just another saturday night drunken brawl, no one would give a toss and everyone would dismiss it due to the fact that alcohol was present and things get messy after a few pints. But oh no, it's the anti-social officer and everyone's out to get him, plus it'll sell papers so let's make a big deal out of it.

Latest

Trending

Trending