The Student Room Group

Campbell Harris for Private Candidates

Hi guys, did anyone take any exams in Campbell Harris exam centre before?

I need to find a private candidate centre for my Further Maths exam, but I am looking for a reliable one. the guy answering the phone sound a bit.................. and now I am worried that they don't offer good exam conditions. instead, would it be better to just go to an independent college to do the exam?

Scroll to see replies

lj789
Hi guys, did anyone take any exams in Campbell Harris exam centre before?

I need to find a private candidate centre for my Further Maths exam, but I am looking for a reliable one. the guy answering the phone sound a bit.................. and now I am worried that they don't offer good exam conditions. instead, would it be better to just go to an independent college to do the exam?

I went there as a priv.cand. summer 2008, will do some more this summer. 'Exam conditions': as in the actual rooms?

Small, intimate; there are books on the shelf; there may be some creaking in the floorboards; if the window's open it can be a bit noisy (since it opens out onto Kensington High St); not uncomfortably hot.

Independent colleges - which ones are you thinking of?
Reply 2
michaelyus
I went there as a priv.cand. summer 2008, will do some more this summer. 'Exam conditions': as in the actual rooms?

Small, intimate; there are books on the shelf; there may be some creaking in the floorboards; if the window's open it can be a bit noisy (since it opens out onto Kensington High St); not uncomfortably hot.

Independent colleges - which ones are you thinking of?

yes, i mean the actual rooms...it doesn't sound impressive at all
I think Campbell Harris is actually a 'company'....
What exams i.e. subjects are u doing? I thought there should be many people in a room as they are doing this for business

I am thinking of Albion College, it's really close to Holborn underground station, so more convenient. But I don't know how it's like.
lj789
What exams i.e. subjects are u doing? I thought there should be many people in a room as they are doing this for business

I did AS Psychology and Philosophy retakes, A2 Chinese, and started A-level English Language from the A2 backwards.

There are quite a lot of people in a room at one time (~10), but there are several exam rooms.

I've been past Albion. Never looked into it before.
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM CH!

My brother did his TSA there yesterday - he said not only were there building works going on but its on the main Kensington high street so very noisy

and haha at cosy - you don't even have enough room to move your chair back or sit down upon without having to move the table first and then sit-down - I kid you not about this one!
Reply 5
I'm taking exams there in January..
Reply 6
Albion is on the aqa private exam centre list, so I gave them a call, the exam officer is really nice and helpful....and...straight forward, so i think I am going to Albion, anyway, if the exam rooms are no good, why are you doing the exams there again? it's 49 or 50 pounds per module in both colleges.
Reply 7
I re-took a Chemistry one. I've got no complaints.
Reply 8
It's London.....It's noisy...........
Worst! Albion is just beside British Museum!! How quiet can it be.............
Nevermind, I am actually going to London so I will have a look at both places before my final decision. I freak out in exams if there are noise
Reply 9
It's a building with rooms in it that you can sit exams in. If you have problems with noise, bring ear plugs. I don't really know what some people on here expect...
lj789
why are you doing the exams there again

Ehm...because I put it on my UCAS :biggrin: !
KwungSun
It's a building with rooms in it that you can sit exams in. If you have problems with noise, bring ear plugs. I don't really know what some people on here expect...

you wouldn't be saying such crap if you actually took an important exam there :rolleyes:
Reply 12
KwungSun

a quiet exam condition without the need to bring ear plugs in after paying 49 pounds per paper?
Reply 13
michaelyus
Ehm...because I put it on my UCAS :biggrin: !

What's the fee u paid by the way?
lj789
What's the fee u paid by the way?

Several hundred - £300+ I think...
I've done/am doing physics there. No complaint about the handling or exam conditions, quite expensive 400+. Try to contact a sixth form center or college see if they'll take you on for exams.
Reply 16
lj789
a quiet exam condition without the need to bring ear plugs in after paying 49 pounds per paper?

The volume of external noise is not really something the exam centre can control. For what it's worth I never had any problems with noise in the 8 exams I sat there.
Reply 17
Do you pay administrative fee + exam fees? or just the exam fees they tell you?
Reply 18
Inter-Company
you wouldn't be saying such crap if you actually took an important exam there :rolleyes:

Like I said, I took 8 there.
Reply 19
CH could be a relatively popular one as it pops up first in the search list on gooooogle

Quick Reply

Latest