The Student Room Group

Help Needed - Biology essay

I've recently started a new module on the OCR syllabus; Health and Disease. I've already had one lesson,basically just an introduction to the module really. My first homework that has been set is to write a 400 word essay on "Why the standads of health in developed countries differs so vastly from those in developing countries."

can anyone give me some pointers on how to tackle this? Help will be appreciated.
Reply 1
Money!
Fluffy
Money!

Yea i know that!

I just need to know how I would structure the essay... u know
Reply 3
Intro - facts and figures, may be mortality and morbidity rates in the developed and developing worlds.
Western healthcare - different healthcare models - i.e NHS 'v' French system 'v' US system
Developing countries, politics, money, evil drug companies making it impossible for 3rd worlders to afford key drugs, lack of research that goes into diseases typical of the 3rd world due to lack of market with residual/any cash to spend.
Summarise the above and identify any policy decesions made to try to resolve the key issues you might raise
Conclusion
Fluffy
Intro - facts and figures, may be mortality and morbidity rates in the developed and developing worlds.
Western healthcare - different healthcare models - i.e NHS 'v' French system 'v' US system
Developing countries, politics, money, evil drug companies making it impossible for 3rd worlders to afford key drugs, lack of research that goes into diseases typical of the 3rd world due to lack of market with residual/any cash to spend.
Summarise the above and identify any policy decesions made to try to resolve the key issues you might raise
Conclusion

Thanks for that Fluffy

Latest

Trending

Trending