The Student Room Group
Ratsr
Maybe if you phone them up, asking why you was rejected, they say your predicted grades of AAB was not enough for the course - AAA.

You say you spent time off school due to bereavement/illness/legit reason

They say OK, we can consider you on an individual basis based upon your circumstances.[/QUOTE]

But shouldnt they already do that before they rejected you.
Reply 2
[QUOTE="Basher" Nasher="Nasher" and="and"]
Ratsr
Maybe if you phone them up, asking why you was rejected, they say your predicted grades of AAB was not enough for the course - AAA.

You say you spent time off school due to bereavement/illness/legit reason

They say OK, we can consider you on an individual basis based upon your circumstances.[/QUOTE]

But shouldnt they already do that before they rejected you.

Not if you/your reference didn't tell them. Which I think was what Ratsr was trying to say.
Reply 3
I very much doubt it could. The universities normally have good reasons for rejecting people. Most people would notify in advance of extenuating circumstances. I think once your rejected, thats it.
And unfortunatley I doubt what Ratsr has described would actually happen. Having spent time off school for whatever reasons wouldn't get you into a course which was asking for more than your predicted grades unless it was a mediocre university or really unpopular course e.g. land economy. Chances are there will be more than enough people meeting the requirements.
jelly1000
I very much doubt it could. The universities normally have good reasons for rejecting people. Most people would notify in advance of extenuating circumstances. I think once your rejected, thats it.
And unfortunatley I doubt what Ratsr has described would actually happen. Having spent time off school for whatever reasons wouldn't get you into a course which was asking for more than your predicted grades unless it was a mediocre university or really unpopular course e.g. land economy. Chances are there will be more than enough people meeting the requirements.

I know someone that it happened to for med, and they got an offer- I would just like to find out whether its common or not
I was at the oxford interview and i overheard this current student there and i think she said they rejected her but then afterwards changed their mind and phoned her up to tell her.
lotsofsnails
I was at the oxford interview and i overheard this current student there and i think she said they rejected her but then afterwards changed their mind and phoned her up to tell her.

Do you know what course she was studying at Oxford ?
Reply 7
Nasher and Basher
I know someone that it happened to for med, and they got an offer- I would just like to find out whether its common or not

Oh right. I doubt it very much!
Nasher and Basher
Do you know what course she was studying at Oxford ?

i think it was materials science
Reply 9
My friend was rejected from Medicine at Newcastle after interview, but later they phoned her up and offered her a place.
Reply 10
My friend was rejected from St Andrews for Maths and History Joint Honours, then she emailed them saying do you have any feedback on my application please, and it turned out they'd made a mistake and they emailed her back saying "actually we meant to offer you a place, sorry about that, have an offer". She was over the moon. :biggrin: Although I must say I think this is a very rare occurence.
If it has happened to someone you know it is obviously possible but i assume EXTREMELY rare, if they have offered/rejected you it is pretty much set in stone.
But one thing you can do is apply for clearance and then you may yet get a place at your desired uni even if you have been rejected, if they havent filled all their places .:rolleyes:
I got an offer for medicine at the University of Aberdeen having not applied there on the UCAS application. I had an interview and got the offer on the same day, two weeks before term started. There was quite a few people in my year that got in that had been previously rejected during UCAS application/interview stage.
Reply 13
Nasher and Basher
Ok, I know that some may be thinking WTF, you cannot be rejected, then reconsidered for interview and afterwards get an offer.

But can it happen ? And if it has happened, what was the circumstances ?

During last year's application cycle for med, I got a call from UEA for an interview that I missed about 3 times. They then sent me a rejection letter.

The next day I also got an invitation to interview =/
I eventually got the offer, too.
So it happens. Not often though.

Latest

Trending

Trending