The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you need to put it on there!

As for the second bit, you need to add both. I'd put your modular grades on the AS part, but not on the A2 bit :smile:
Omit it. There's no need to enter it.
Now I am not 100% sure but I dont think you can put a U on the UCAS form, can't say I recall it being there when I submitted my stuff.
Reply 4
Gascoigne
I got BBCU at AS last summer, on my UCAS do you think it would be wise to omit the U? As technically it's a fail so I see no need to include it, or will the University kick up a fuss if I leave out one of my grades.

Also, do I add the 'pending' A2 grades that I will receive in the summer, or just add the AS ones.

Thanks

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DECLARE YOUR GRADES UNLESS CASHED IN.

Unless you got a formal certificate from the exam board you do not have to declare, no matter what your school says. Schools usually cash in at A2, so people can do resits.
Reply 5
ditto what DEANEK2 said. ytour under no obligation to put your unit grades on your form unless you want to, or unless your chose unis ask specifically for them
but i wouldnt put the U on there, i would put pending if i were you (im assuming youre resitting the U) just to be safe. and youre grades can be cashed in next yr.
Reply 6
I did actually sit the exam to get the U mind, I just absolutely hated psychology so didn't have a clue about it. So on my certificate the U is there.

and psychocustard, you mean add my grades AS. Then add the subjects for A2, but then don't include the grades for the AS units?

And above, I also need to resit one of my Maths modules. I got E,B,B so a C overall, should I put pending for the E but then have the overall grade as a C?

Much appreciate the help btw, my school hasn't helped me at all!
Your provisional statement of results is not a certificate -- a U will not appear on a certificate. Don't put it down.
A U is not a pass and therefore will not be certificated.
Reply 9
I'm so glad I'm in Scotland, the English system seems far too complicated!
Reply 10
teabreak
I'm so glad I'm in Scotland, the English system seems far to complicated!

:yep:
Reply 11
All grades on your UCAS (well, A levels anyway) should be pending, including AS's. Don't put unit grades in, for if you want to do resits. U grades don't have to be put in - as people have said, they're not certificated :yep:
Reply 12
Alright, nice one.

Now, for A2 I just add in all the Units but have each of them on pending, do I?
Reply 13
Gascoigne
Alright, nice one.

Now, for A2 I just add in all the Units but have each of them on pending, do I?

yup, you doo!!!!
As I am aware, you do not need to declare your U grade.

You would have to disclose Unit Grades though for your other subjects.
Otherwise, you should be fine.
Gascoigne

psychocustard, you mean add my grades AS. Then add the subjects for A2, but then don't include the grades for the AS units?

Yup, that's what I mean :smile:

Forgot, but yeah, U isn't a pass, so you wont be certificated for it. It's as if you didn't take the subject at all, really...
Reply 16
From UCAS site:

You must list all subjects that have been certificated (also known as 'claimed' or 'cashed in') at GCE AS level. This includes subjects which you are taking on to A level. You should include a subject even if you are re-sitting an AS unit to improve your A level grade.

If you have a slip that says you obtained a U grade then the qualification has been certified. It has nothing to do whether the grade is a 'pass' or 'fail.' It is a process and not a measure academic achievement.

Have any of you actually phoned UCAS? I rang them this week and was told that U grades should be included.
Xentrix
From UCAS site:

You must list all subjects that have been certificated (also known as 'claimed' or 'cashed in') at GCE AS level. This includes subjects which you are taking on to A level. You should include a subject even if you are re-sitting an AS unit to improve your A level grade.

If you have a slip that says you obtained a U grade then the qualification has been certified. It has nothing to do whether the grade is a 'pass' or 'fail.' It is a process and not a measure academic achievement.

Have any of you actually phoned UCAS? I rang them this week and was told that U grades should be included.

yeah about that

You must list all subjects that have been certificated (also known as 'claimed' or 'cashed in') at GCE AS level

A U grade is not Cashed in as it is not a qualification, is not igven a certificate and denotes a FAIL. Therefore, as a subject that is not cashed in (i.e a U grade) is not neccesary to put on.
Reply 18
I rang Ucas and was told that U grades need not be included. I was also advised that AS unit grades need not be included- just the overall grade
Reply 19
Crap. As one unit in three of my four ASs dragged the overall grades down, instead of BBBB, it is BCDD or something stupid like that.

At least the final offers are based on your final grade at the end of A2... I hope.

Latest

Trending

Trending