The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes.
Fandellos
Yes.

This.
Reply 3
do u know how it affects the degree? ie what happens if it aint from an accredited uni?
Reply 4
Trampmaster90
do u know how it affects the degree? ie what happens if it aint from an accredited uni?

Well i assume that you cannot register as a pharmacist then.
Reply 5
so all these unis that offer pharmacy degree who arnt accredited is basically a waste of time i take it :frown:
Reply 6
no because by the time you finish your 4th year and the uni becomes accredited then your degree also becomes accredited
Reply 7
Fizzee
Well i assume that you cannot register as a pharmacist then.

Good luck with your interview at Manchester. It's the best uni :wink:
Reply 8
thats assuming the uni passes to get its accreditation, but thanks
Reply 9
CatexW
Good luck with your interview at Manchester. It's the best uni :wink:

Thank you!! :biggrin: Just a couple of days left!
Reply 10
Trampmaster90
so all these unis that offer pharmacy degree who arnt accredited is basically a waste of time i take it :frown:

No, a litle bit of research about the uni before can go far. Most uni do get their accreditation, keele and reading should.

I would just be wary of DMU, sunderland and possibly wolverhampton as the one who may lose their accreditation.

But tbh as a prospective Pharmacy student I advised you not to take this factor too much into consideration when choosing a university.
hey

thanks for advice, I've chosen unis which are accredited or will be by 2009, was just interesting to know

anyways cheers
If your uni loses it accreditation on the year you graduate then you don't get MPharm.. i think you get a BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences. This means you cannot do the prereg and you can't become a pharmacist.

It is very very rare for this to happen so don't get scared by what i have said. The schools who are listed in this thread are likely to have gotten their act together so they should complete the accreditation process.

Latest

Trending

Trending